Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Custom floors and roofs.
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

Threads: 8
Custom floors and roofs.

I'm working on a serious custom story. I want to add more things to make it seem more modern like a few roads and similar. Here's a note from the story I just felt like adding. Any helpful things to add in this note would be awesome, if anyone is willing to read this.
Spoiler below!

[br] Day 47. It's been 1.5 months since all fossil fuels have been used. The world adapted to electricity, everything we need to survive depends on power, 90% of the food has been eaten/expired. 83% of the population of the planet is deceased. My beautiful wife Michele died from a recent disease that is known to make you crazy, her skin started to rot upon her angel carved face, she could barely speak a word by the 7th day, most of her bones were eaten away by bacteria, the insides of her body become filled with maggots and other stuff that will make you want to vomit. She was dead by the day 10. The disease reached out to my son... Robert. He was only 9 when this all happened, the disease is suposed to take over your brain, since he was so young the disease destroyed 1/3 of his brain, stopped oxygen from entering his lungs. Robert was dead within 17 days. He didn't even know what a normal life was like! I still have my daughter. She's only 6! She's the only family I have left, I've been protecting her since day 1. She's just like her mom, she's beautiful, she's kind hearted, she's everything I need to keep me from taking the easy way out. There's only one thing wrong with her, she's been recently cut by a man with a knife! She's going to bleed out if I don't get her medical supplies! I've been wanting to just end it all! This is all too much for me, I just can't stand living in a world filled with... what used to be normal people just like me... My wife... and my children. This world is too rough, the VERY limited amount of people left and limited amount of supplies left is hard. The rest of the people are looting each other. The solar energy panels barely get around. I've been meaning to purchase one, but since the world is shit, I can't even get my hands on one. People say god is dead, but I still believe there's a way. There's an abandoned house that hasn't been stolen from right around the corner, there's rumors that there are supplies to help my daughter's cut. I'm going to have to do what I must. I'm going to gather some supplies to help me break in. Lord please don't take my daughter.[br]

I don't want to ask for much but... How can I add custom primitives? I have pictures I'd like to be able to use in the level editor and in game. Can someone do a noob tutorial on how I could add this. I looked up similar things but get a little confused.

Thanks for reading, as always the user who successfully helps me gets reputation points.
07-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Custom floors and roofs.

Use the material editor to make new textures, then apply them onto primitives as the texture.

Open up other .mat files in the material editor to see how they're done, and copy those steps.

[Image: signature-2.png]
07-26-2012, 09:04 PM
Find
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

(07-26-2012, 09:04 PM)Streetboat Wrote: Use the material editor to make new textures, then apply them onto primitives as the texture.

Open up other .mat files in the material editor to see how they're done, and copy those steps.
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2012, 12:52 AM by Kazakarumariou.)
07-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Find
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

BUMP. No! It stopped working after I tried adding another. I put another mat file (Same folder) and they both are invisible.
07-27-2012, 12:52 AM
Find