Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Voice Actor Available
Obsidiaguy Offline

Threads: 2
Wink  Voice Actor Available

Hey guys,

I'm an aspiring voice actor wishing to get some cool experience under my belt with a great project. I'm primarily interested in sound design, but I love to use my voice as well, and have a love for horror.

I'm willing to work for free for a good project.

I have a website portfolio at http://www.mitchellslucas.com

Here is a simple demo reel. The first voice is a quote from Amnesia as it happens:

Here is a small anime dub I recently did as well:

And finally my voice acting set on soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/obsidiaguy/sets/voice-acting-1

Thanks for your time!
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012, 09:33 PM by Obsidiaguy.)
07-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Find
Miss Rigi Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Voice Actor Available

I quite like your voice, sir :>

Vos rapio meus spiritus absentis.
Voice Actress
07-27-2012, 02:27 AM
Find
ElectricRed Offline

Threads: 13

I agree! You sound great in these, I just sent you a PM with a request. =)

[Image: 9lkjf4.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 07-27-2012, 05:10 AM by ElectricRed.)
07-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Find
Obsidiaguy Offline

Thanks a lot, Miss Rigi and ElectricRed!
07-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Find
Vyzor Offline

Threads: 5

That's pretty good voice acting I must say Smile

[Image: vyzorbackgroundm.png]
07-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Find
Obsidiaguy Offline

Thanks Vyzor!

BTW, I recorded a new bit today to show a bit of an accent. It's kinda like a console game when you're about to fight a boss, and he talks smack beforehand. The music is stock music found online:

http://soundcloud.com/obsidiaguy/action-game-boss-fight

I would love to help out with any other projects! Big Grin
07-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Find
Obsidiaguy Offline

I thought I'd put a sample of a little more emotion with a horror setting. So here's a prisoner gone mad from all the torture he's endured:

http://soundcloud.com/obsidiaguy/crazy-prisoner
07-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Find
The Shanus Offline

Threads: 15

(07-29-2012, 07:09 PM)Obsidiaguy Wrote: I thought I'd put a sample of a little more emotion with a horror setting. So here's a prisoner gone mad from all the torture he's endured:

http://soundcloud.com/obsidiaguy/crazy-prisoner
I think with this one, you need a little breaking of the voice. The emotion is there, but it doesn't break through. Like if someone is feeling deep emotion, their voice wavers, rather than keeping the same tone, if you understand what I mean. He seemed too calm about offering his flesh. A bit more screaming as if he is ecstatic about the thought of it would do it, I think Wink

[Image: theshanusyoutube.jpg]
07-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Find
Obsidiaguy Offline

(07-31-2012, 10:01 PM)The Shanus Wrote: I think with this one, you need a little breaking of the voice. The emotion is there, but it doesn't break through. Like if someone is feeling deep emotion, their voice wavers, rather than keeping the same tone, if you understand what I mean. He seemed too calm about offering his flesh. A bit more screaming as if he is ecstatic about the thought of it would do it, I think Wink
Thanks for the feedback!

I live in an apartment, and every once in a while I think, I'm going to really scream on this one. Then I wonder if the cops might come knocking on the door. I can't wait to have my own house, for many reasons. But being able to scream bloody murder is a big one. Big Grin
08-01-2012, 04:54 AM
Find
The Shanus Offline

Threads: 15

(08-01-2012, 04:54 AM)Obsidiaguy Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 10:01 PM)The Shanus Wrote: I think with this one, you need a little breaking of the voice. The emotion is there, but it doesn't break through. Like if someone is feeling deep emotion, their voice wavers, rather than keeping the same tone, if you understand what I mean. He seemed too calm about offering his flesh. A bit more screaming as if he is ecstatic about the thought of it would do it, I think Wink
Thanks for the feedback!

I live in an apartment, and every once in a while I think, I'm going to really scream on this one. Then I wonder if the cops might come knocking on the door. I can't wait to have my own house, for many reasons. But being able to scream bloody murder is a big one. Big Grin
Hahah, okay, fair enough [; just line your walls with sandbags, that should soundproof it well enough Big Grin

[Image: theshanusyoutube.jpg]
08-01-2012, 06:56 AM
Find