Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom texture for an entity?
HeadyBoy Offline

Threads: 16
Custom texture for an entity?

I would like to edit the texture of an entity. Just the texture to put in my custom story. What would I do in order to make it and make it work?

Voice Actor - Male, British Accent, Mid-teens, Adaptable
Custom Stories - "The Heist: Amnesia" (In production)
07-27-2012, 03:36 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Custom texture for an entity?

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-17299.html

1) Copy the entity's folder and paste it into your CS folder.
2) Start renaming the folder and every file in it, but keep a pattern. i.e:
- folder: new_tinderbox
- new_tinderbox.dae
- new_tinderbox.ent
- new_tinderbox.dds
- new_tinderbox_spec.dds
- And so on for each file....
3) Delete the .mat and begin editing the .dds texture to your preference.
4) Save the new texture that you have created and overwrite. Continue with the specular and normal if necessary.
5) Open the .dae in Notepad, Notepad++ and search "library_images" (no quotations). You will see a long directory inside of it. Delete it all and type it like this: <init_from>new_tinderbox.dds</init_from>
6) Overwrite the new .dae.
7) Open ModelView and load the new_tinderbox.dae.

It should load with the new texture and automatically generate a new .mat file. if the specular and normal do not show, simply open the .mat in the MaterialEditor and add them. Save and you're good to go.
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2012, 05:35 PM by Statyk.)
07-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Find
HeadyBoy Offline

Threads: 16

I will go ahead and follow your instructions soon. Thankyou!

Voice Actor - Male, British Accent, Mid-teens, Adaptable
Custom Stories - "The Heist: Amnesia" (In production)
07-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Find
Steve Offline

Threads: 17

I know this is an other thread and stuff but i tried to open my .dae and the program crashes Sad
any idea why? (again I know this isn't my thread but I just neede to aks this somewhere snce I tried this on I just ask it here cause I don;t want to make anymore unneccery threads)
and sorry for bad spelling i'm in a hurry
If anybody can make more of this when they can watch the files there self just send me an PM

CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
Final Light = 40%
Need of voice actors.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2012, 02:20 PM by Steve.)
08-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(08-14-2012, 02:00 PM)Steve Wrote: I know this is an other thread and stuff but i tried to open my .dae and the program crashes Sad
any idea why? (again I know this isn't my thread but I just neede to aks this somewhere snce I tried this on I just ask it here cause I don;t want to make anymore unneccery threads)
If anybody can make more of this when they can watch the files there self just send me an PM
Did you follow my tutorial step by step? I just went through it again with a doorway and everything went fine.
08-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Find
Steve Offline

Threads: 17

(08-14-2012, 06:47 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(08-14-2012, 02:00 PM)Steve Wrote: I know this is an other thread and stuff but i tried to open my .dae and the program crashes Sad
Did you follow my tutorial step by step? I just went through it again with a doorway and everything went fine.

yeah I did it all but only with an enemy I don't know if that makes any diffrence?

CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
Final Light = 40%
Need of voice actors.
08-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Find