Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Free Survival horror games
HateSolstice Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Free Survival horror games

(07-29-2012, 07:08 PM)Deep One Wrote: SCP - Containment Breach
Game is still very unfinished and has lots of bugs in it, so don't panic. Just remember to read every single note you find, they are really important if you want to know how to deal with SPC's.
And if you have not read scp stuff before, take a look. Read at least 173, 106, 895, 096.
I've seen several people mention this stuff on this forum alone. I just went and checked out the site, but it made no god damn sense whatsoever. I couldn't make heads or tails of any of the links on the page, and the FAQ section assumes you are already an accepted applicant. Googling "What is SCP?" brings up very vague answers for me.
07-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(07-30-2012, 08:08 PM)HateSolstice Wrote:
Game is still very unfinished and has lots of bugs in it, so don't panic. Just remember to read every single note you find, they are really important if you want to know how to deal with SPC's.
And if you have not read scp stuff before, take a look. Read at least 173, 106, 895, 096.
I've seen several people mention this stuff on this forum alone. I just went and checked out the site, but it made no god damn sense whatsoever. I couldn't make heads or tails of any of the links on the page, and the FAQ section assumes you are already an accepted applicant. Googling "What is SCP?" brings up very vague answers for me.
SCP-087
SCP-173
SCP-106

Good night.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2012, 08:17 PM by Deep One.)
07-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Find
HateSolstice Offline

(07-30-2012, 08:15 PM)Deep One Wrote:
SCP-087
SCP-173
SCP-106

Good night.
I don't get it.
07-30-2012, 08:52 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

It's a fake Creepypasta site where you basically post stories of different creatures or entities that are contained by SCP, and it's a website of all their logs of those creatures. Figured I'd say it since everyone else was just repeatedly linking you to more ones instead of answering the question...

Posting Freak
07-30-2012, 09:22 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(07-30-2012, 09:22 PM)Kman Wrote: It's a fake Creepypasta site where you basically post stories of different creatures or entities that are contained by SCP, and it's a website of all their logs of those creatures. Figured I'd say it since everyone else was just repeatedly linking you to more ones instead of answering the question...
Also, I guess this all takes place in some sort of maximum security prison for assorted extraterrestrial/interdimensional whatnots maintained by an private organization known as Secure, Contain, Protect (S.C.P.). Sorry if I am being Captain Obvious but he did say he didn't get it.
07-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

Anything's free with piracy.

Joking, I do not support piracy. On Topic: SCP Containment Breach and Slender are good ones. I still can't bring myself to play them though.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
07-31-2012, 04:22 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

I assume that now you know what SCP is, but seriously, I googled "what is scp?" and this was the second hit. How it was so hard?
07-31-2012, 08:01 AM
Find
HateSolstice Offline

(07-31-2012, 08:01 AM)Deep One Wrote:
I assume that now you know what SCP is, but seriously, I googled "what is scp?" and this was the second hit. How it was so hard?
Maybe because that never showed up for me? Clearly whatever I did omitted it as a search result, so spare me the internet lesson on how to Google that I know is coming.

After looking at the site more, I'm not seeing how this SCP thing is a game at all. Unless there are fan-made video games based on the stories themselves. If so, I assume they're not hosted on the foundation's site. Or is it more of a role-playing, "Dungeons & Dragons"-esque style game? In which case, that'd be interesting to see.
07-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

(07-31-2012, 12:11 PM)HateSolstice Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 08:01 AM)Deep One Wrote:
After looking at the site more, I'm not seeing how this SCP thing is a game at all. Unless there are fan-made video games based on the stories themselves. If so, I assume they're not hosted on the foundation's site. Or is it more of a role-playing, "Dungeons & Dragons"-esque style game? In which case, that'd be interesting to see.
There is video games based on the stories, this one is based on SCP-087 story(Obviously Tongue ).
SCP containment breach itself is not based on any story but it takes place in SCP Foundation facility. Several dangerous SCP's like 173, 096 and 106 breach their containment chambers. They roam freely around the facility so you have to watch out for dangerous SCP's, solve puzzles, escape facility etc. However you cannot escape yet because game is still at alpha stage.
07-31-2012, 02:33 PM
Find
HateSolstice Offline

Oh ok. It's all starting to come together. Or something.

Actually, after looking around at some of the story concepts, it'd be interesting to see a sort of pen & paper role-playing game based on it. It's practically the X-Files anyway, just minus the hot redhead.
07-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Find