Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Order of the Black Eagle
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
Order of the Black Eagle

Does the game ever explain why Alexander is a member of the Black Eagle Order? Due to his isolated home I don't think he has much interest in politics, or even earthly matters in general. I think the game does mention that Wilhelm worked for Alexander in order to advance his social status, implying that Alexander needed to have strong connections with the court so that he could hire people like Wilhelm to do all the kidnapping for him. But do you think he ever involves himself in actual political affairs? How did he even get into the Black Eagle Order in the first place (does building a castle automatically make you a member?) How did Alexander even earn the title of Baron anyways?

In the Transept, there's also a memory orb with Alexander's message saying that, with Napoleon's defeat or something, the court would come and behead him. I haven't studied enough history to know much about the Napoleonic wars, but.....why?

[Image: p229xcq]
07-31-2012, 02:10 AM
Find
HateSolstice Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Order of the Black Eagle

Didn't the game mention he was a founding member? I'm pretty sure he used the order as a front, considering it would have given him much more in the way of resources to carry out his plans. But really, the game doesn't go into any real detail about the order at all.
07-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Find
GetAgrippa Offline

Threads: 2

I think it would be interesting if The Order Of The Black Eagle was somehow linked to the Archaic and The Shelter. They may be different universes, but I think it would be a cool Easter egg.

If Fate frowns, we all perish.
07-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(07-31-2012, 02:10 AM)Chronofox Wrote: Does the game ever explain why Alexander is a member of the Black Eagle Order? Due to his isolated home I don't think he has much interest in politics, or even earthly matters in general. I think the game does mention that Wilhelm worked for Alexander in order to advance his social status, implying that Alexander needed to have strong connections with the court so that he could hire people like Wilhelm to do all the kidnapping for him. But do you think he ever involves himself in actual political affairs? How did he even get into the Black Eagle Order in the first place (does building a castle automatically make you a member?) How did Alexander even earn the title of Baron anyways?

In the Transept, there's also a memory orb with Alexander's message saying that, with Napoleon's defeat or something, the court would come and behead him. I haven't studied enough history to know much about the Napoleonic wars, but.....why?
A quick Google search yielded me this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_..._Coalition

article Wrote:The Fourth Coalition was assembled in 1806, and Napoleon defeated Prussia at the Battle of Jena-Auerstedt in October.

I'm not an expert on military history either, but it should be obvious that if Alexander was in charge (how much power does this order have anyway?) that being defeated would piss a few people off.
07-31-2012, 06:41 PM
Find