Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Good Custom Stories like This?
Inspiration Offline

Threads: 1
Any Good Custom Stories like This?

Well, I've only just gotten into playing Amnesia custom stories, and I've noticed a trait that I enjoy very much.

I don't like custom stories that use, real, for lack of a better word, monsters. My favorite so far has been Olaf's Demise, only because it has jump scares, and the monsters poof into dust. I think its really cheap when a game makes you run from a monster, or complete a puzzle with a monster wandering around.

If anyone knows of custom stories like Olaf's Demise, or ones where the monsters disappear after running at you and stuff, I'd love if you could post them.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2012, 02:41 AM by Inspiration.)
07-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Find
JMFStorm Offline

Threads: 8
RE: I'm looking for a certain type of scary in a custom story. Mind helping?

I though that jumpscares and poofing monsters were cheap, since they can be made so easily and they often times make no sense at all.

BUT I GUESS I WAS WRONG.

07-31-2012, 08:36 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

We have very different perceptions on "cheap".

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
07-31-2012, 08:39 PM
Find
Inspiration Offline

Threads: 1

Yeah, I realize its a very personal preference of mine. I just don't like having to run away, and avoid monsters. I like when I turn around and see something charging at me to disappear when its close, that makes me jump. I prefer that to having a monster break through a door and chasing me until I hide, and then have to evade him for 20 minutes.
07-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Find