Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[spoilers]Aaaargh why did you ruin your excellent game??!
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43
RE: Aaaargh why did you ruin your excellent game??!

Ben Gunn Wrote:Before I start the rant I need to emphasize that- a. I love Overture and BP looks even better in some aspects. b. This is meant as constructive criticism as well as a place to vent my anger.

One of the things that made Overture such a powerful experience was the sense of truly being isolated- walking alone in that dreary complex did much to enhance the atmosphere, the feeling of despair.
Sure, you had Red but his communings were scarce. And when he spoke he only contribued to the experience with his madman drivels, superbly acted.

Not so in BP.
This no-name character inside your head keeps nagging. He has something to say every five minutes- pointless stuff. Trying to be sarcastic. Without real success. The voice-acting is terrible- he sounds like a cartoon character.
He is ruining my experience in what looks like, in any other aspect, a worthy sequel.

Thats it, I finished my rant. Im only at the beginning (Infirmary)- is it going to be like that all the way?
i disagree i thought that added to the drama to the situation. it dident ruin the game even if you dident like it.
02-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Find
Ben Gunn Offline

Threads: 2

jo291 Wrote:you are spoiling it bye giving away vitle info to other peaple about the game thus ruining it. i suggest that both of you stop this cringe worthy argument. bengun use a SPOILER TAG next time. eragon dont call someone a idoit even online peaple might be considering reporting you!

What spoilers? The voice in your head begin five minutes into the game and every review youll read mentions it (without spoiler warnings cos there is nothing to warn about). How does that ruin the game ffs?
02-18-2008, 01:05 AM
Find
jo291 Offline

Ben Gunn Wrote:
jo291 Wrote:you are spoiling it bye giving away vitle info to other peaple about the game thus ruining it. i suggest that both of you stop this cringe worthy argument. bengun use a SPOILER TAG next time. eragon dont call someone a idoit even online peaple might be considering reporting you!

What spoilers? The voice in your head begin five minutes into the game and every review youll read mentions it (without spoiler warnings cos there is nothing to warn about). How does that ruin the game ffs?
reveiws as evryone knows have spoilers. and your still ruining it bye giving away info. just use spoiler tags thats all! or is it that you want to prove your nonexistent point instead of just doing something simple and adding spoiler tags. its slightly irratating that you refuse to do somthing very simple to get it over with instead of starting a argument!
02-18-2008, 01:33 AM
Find
darthvulture Offline

Threads: 2

well i do have to agree with you with the loneliness part, i really missed that scary feeling u had in the first game,BUT on the other hand i really enjoyed some of the puzzled in this game, they were pretty tricky some of emBig Grin

After Darkness, Comes Light.
02-18-2008, 01:57 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

I agree with those who didn't care for that character.

Overture was nicer, because you did feel more alone. You felt more spooked and it did seem more morbid.
Black Plague felt like Doom 3, but not just because of that guy in your head, but the "nightmare" sequence.
I don't think it killed the game, but it did hurt it some; to me that is.

We all have opinions. We can't keep everyone happy. To others, this may have been greater than Overture.
The thing I did like about BP was not just the rotation feature, but that there was no combat.
02-18-2008, 02:03 AM
Find
str1990 Offline

Threads: 4

How do you add a spoiler tag ?
02-18-2008, 02:10 AM
Find
jo291 Offline

str1990 Wrote:How do you add a spoiler tag ?
look in the admins posts and the fourm faq
02-18-2008, 02:25 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Jo, do not double post.
Do Not Triple Post.
Run Spellcheck.

Now all of you, grow the fuck up. We all have our opinions. This topic did not spoil anything; and if it did it's their fault. "Oh hum, a topic title that means "Things that fucked Black Plague up?" must have no spoilers in it!".

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
02-18-2008, 03:07 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

(without spaces) starting of the spoiler is [ spoiler ] and to end is [/ spoiler]. Again, having [ & ] and spoiler in between with no spaces.
02-18-2008, 05:45 AM
Find
heady Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [spoilers]Aaaargh why did you ruin your excellent game??!

Well i belive they didn't fuck it up, infact yes some aspects different from the two games but i still loved em and would love an episode 3 or another type of similar game. Enemies or not etc during black plage i was scared shitless as well , removing the weapons did a great deal, and i did run alot but that i did in fear.

Great game guys 9/10 Smile.
02-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Find