Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing full conversion mods for linux?
IsaacJGL Offline

Threads: 3
Installing full conversion mods for linux?

I've been looking for an explanation on how to install amnesia full conversion mods on linux, and so far all I've found is "same as windows except you need proper permissions" when there's no redist folder or anything to convert the mod into

Angry

Paint the lines... cut the man... Paint the lines... cut the man...

08-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Installing full conversion mods for linux?

Assume the "redist" folder is the working directory of Amnesia. Then you'll have to run Amnesia through the terminal passing in the path of the main_init.cfg file of the full conversion. (You trying to install White Night?)

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012, 07:33 PM by Your Computer.)
08-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Website Find
IsaacJGL Offline

Threads: 3

(08-02-2012, 07:32 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Assume the "redist" folder is the working directory of Amnesia. Then you'll have to run Amnesia through the terminal passing in the path of the main_init.cfg file of the full conversion. (You trying to install White Night?)
I was for a while but it was only windows, and what do I actually have to type in to the terminal? I'm not that good at the commands

Paint the lines... cut the man... Paint the lines... cut the man...

08-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(08-02-2012, 10:38 PM)IsaacJGL Wrote: I was for a while but it was only windows, and what do I actually have to type in to the terminal? I'm not that good at the commands

The full conversion most likely came with a BAT file. Open the file in a text editor and replace Amnesia.exe with Amnesia.bin (if your system is 32-bit) or Amnesia.bin64 (if your system is 64-bit). You can then select everything in the BAT file and paste that into a terminal after changing directory (cd command) into the working directory of Amnesia. Or, after editing and saving the changes of the BAT file, you can just change the permissions of the BAT file to be treated as an executable and then just launch the BAT file.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Website Find