Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

So are we all agreed that sawing....
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: So are we all agreed that sawing....

Fuck all the scares in the game! They had no shit be wiped on the torture rooms. And when I had to ascend the stairs (did that last), I was crying. . . Then I got the string.
That string.
That string.
That string.
That string.
Somehow it frightened me more than anything ever has or ever will in my entire life. If one night I wake up to a serial killer, looming over me, I'll say to them "I've seen string scarier than you."
08-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

The bull I think was used to terrorize (and increase vitae production) in the other victims waiting in the cells. Agrippa says Alexander uses the broken orb for torture as even a broken orb practically leaks madness. What I suppose that means is that the orb fragments being nearby were powerful enough to make the victim even more angsty.
08-06-2012, 07:06 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(08-06-2012, 06:55 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: Fuck all the scares in the game! They had no shit be wiped on the torture rooms. And when I had to ascend the stairs (did that last), I was crying. . . Then I got the string.
That string.
That string.
That string.
That string.
Somehow it frightened me more than anything ever has or ever will in my entire life. If one night I wake up to a serial killer, looming over me, I'll say to them "I've seen string scarier than you."
Lolwut?

[Image: p229xcq]
08-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

(08-06-2012, 07:06 PM)cantremember Wrote: The bull I think was used to terrorize (and increase vitae production) in the other victims waiting in the cells. Agrippa says Alexander uses the broken orb for torture as even a broken orb practically leaks madness. What I suppose that means is that the orb fragments being nearby were powerful enough to make the victim even more angsty.
Yeah the bull was not meant for vitae extraction itself, but to strike fear into other prisoners heart which might make vitae production more efficient. I believe it was meant to kill when a victim was no longer useful.

Insanity. Static.
08-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-06-2012, 11:34 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 11:25 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: CowardlyDog is half right.

It's hot in the brazen bull. Humans are 70%-ish water. Water turns to steam, the air would be unbreathable, then the unlucky son-of-a-gun would pass out from not being able to breathe. They wouldn't be conscious for their death, but the time they were awake wouldn't exactly pleasant either.*

*=This is how it was explained in "1000 Ways to Die", since everyone else seems to be pulling information from it.
Again, not how your body works, it would take a very, very long time for the water in your body to turn to steam, to do an experiment of this, soak a cloth in relatively warm water, then surround that towel in a *NON BURNABLE/FIREPROOF* fabric or similar, and make a flame, not large obviously and somehow suspend it above said flame closely, then time how long until the towel in the middle is dry, no idea how you'd know but meh. Result? Takes ages - relatively.
Fireproof material doesn't conduct heat as well as metal. Inside an enclosed brass container, I think the air would heat up and become extremely hot in a matter of minutes. Ever been in a sauna? Imagine that general temperature times three and imagine sitting on the coals themselves. Only speculation though.
08-07-2012, 11:06 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(08-07-2012, 11:22 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 11:06 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 11:34 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 11:25 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: CowardlyDog is half right.

It's hot in the brazen bull. Humans are 70%-ish water. Water turns to steam, the air would be unbreathable, then the unlucky son-of-a-gun would pass out from not being able to breathe. They wouldn't be conscious for their death, but the time they were awake wouldn't exactly pleasant either.*

*=This is how it was explained in "1000 Ways to Die", since everyone else seems to be pulling information from it.
Again, not how your body works, it would take a very, very long time for the water in your body to turn to steam, to do an experiment of this, soak a cloth in relatively warm water, then surround that towel in a *NON BURNABLE/FIREPROOF* fabric or similar, and make a flame, not large obviously and somehow suspend it above said flame closely, then time how long until the towel in the middle is dry, no idea how you'd know but meh. Result? Takes ages - relatively.
Fireproof material doesn't conduct heat as well as metal. Inside an enclosed brass container, I think the air would heat up and become extremely hot in a matter of minutes. Ever been in a sauna? Imagine that general temperature times three and imagine sitting on the coals themselves. Only speculation though.
I wasn't talking about the material being the bull but your tissue/fat etc. I was talking about how your body water wouldn't turn to steam quickly, seems I always need to explain to you.
It doesn't really matter if you're dead.

EDIT: Btw, where do you get off being so condescending? Can I not make a relevant addendum to your post without you getting defensive about it?
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012, 11:41 PM by Bridge.)
08-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(08-08-2012, 11:35 AM)Robosprog Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 11:39 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 11:22 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 11:06 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(08-06-2012, 11:34 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Again, not how your body works, it would take a very, very long time for the water in your body to turn to steam, to do an experiment of this, soak a cloth in relatively warm water, then surround that towel in a *NON BURNABLE/FIREPROOF* fabric or similar, and make a flame, not large obviously and somehow suspend it above said flame closely, then time how long until the towel in the middle is dry, no idea how you'd know but meh. Result? Takes ages - relatively.
I wasn't talking about the material being the bull but your tissue/fat etc. I was talking about how your body water wouldn't turn to steam quickly, seems I always need to explain to you.

EDIT: Btw, where do you get off being so condescending? Can I not make a relevant addendum to your post without you getting defensive about it?
That wasn't condescending, and nor was I defensive. You got something wrong, I corrected you, adding that I always needed to explain to you as that always seems to be the case. You don't even understand what condescending is, here let me explain it for you:

Condescending is where you act like someone is of a lesser or inferior intelligence to you, understand now? That was not what I was doing.

See, THAT was being condescending.
But consider the irony of explaining what "condescending" means to someone in a condescending manner in defense to being accused of being condescending. This is an internet forum which is prone to misinterpretation, true, but you cannot blame me for interpreting "seems I always have to explain to you" as condescending, because it implies that a) this is a regular thing (one other incident, controversial at best) and b) that you are right.

Have either of us been tortured by means of a brass bull? No, so there is only speculation. If you really believe you are right and that I am wrong and want to prove it, provide evidence. If you don't want to (I wouldn't even respond), be content with pooling our observations on the topic. Besides, no part of my post was debunking your theory. I was just saying even if the person inside wouldn't be dehydrated he would suffocate because the air inside a hot enclosed object like that would be unbreathable.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2012, 03:59 PM by Bridge.)
08-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Find
pinkribbonscars Offline

Threads: 0

The sound of sawing as you approached the room was absolutely horrifying. Sad
08-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(08-08-2012, 04:56 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(08-08-2012, 03:34 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(08-08-2012, 11:35 AM)Robosprog Wrote: Can't you just not, for once, try and start an argument? It's annoying, and wastes my time as well as yours, and not to mention sends threads off topics
[Off Topic]
But I find so much amusement in reading internet arguments! Really, watching two people argue and potentially get frustrated with each other is a great source of entertainment. <3
[/Off Topic]

[On Topic]
IMO, getting sawed in half would hurt like crazy, but only for a short amount of time as my body went into shock, and eventually dying. Getting lit up in the Brass Bull though....Couldn't do it. You're locked in a small space that's getting increasingly hot. You'd feel the metal warm, then it would begin to burn. Then it would start to blister your skin. Then your skin may eventually graft onto the metal (pure speculation, of course). There is so much "Do not want" right there.
[/On Topic]

08-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(08-08-2012, 04:56 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(08-08-2012, 03:34 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(08-08-2012, 11:35 AM)Robosprog Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 11:39 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 11:22 PM)Robosprog Wrote: I wasn't talking about the material being the bull but your tissue/fat etc. I was talking about how your body water wouldn't turn to steam quickly, seems I always need to explain to you.

That wasn't condescending, and nor was I defensive. You got something wrong, I corrected you, adding that I always needed to explain to you as that always seems to be the case. You don't even understand what condescending is, here let me explain it for you:

Condescending is where you act like someone is of a lesser or inferior intelligence to you, understand now? That was not what I was doing.

See, THAT was being condescending.
But consider the irony of explaining what "condescending" means to someone in a condescending manner in defense to being accused of being condescending. This is an internet forum which is prone to misinterpretation, true, but you cannot blame me for interpreting "seems I always have to explain to you" as condescending, because it implies that a) this is a regular thing (one other incident, controversial at best) and b) that you are right.

Have either of us been tortured by means of a brass bull? No, so there is only speculation. If you really believe you are right and that I am wrong and want to prove it, provide evidence. If you don't want to (I wouldn't even respond), be content with pooling our observations on the topic. Besides, no part of my post was debunking your theory. I was just saying even if the person inside wouldn't be dehydrated he would suffocate because the air inside a hot enclosed object like that would be unbreathable.
*FACEPALM*

First off, I was doing it as an example as you clearly did not understand what condescending talk is, so yeah. It's irony isn't relevant - nor was I defending myself, it's called explaining, and it seems you try to twist what I do, yet again, into something worthy of starting an argument over.

I wasn't talking about torture by Brass Bull, I really do have to explain this again?

I was talking about how long it takes for the water in the human body to turn to steam and evaporate and then you turn this into yet another argument because of your frustration with me or something. Can't you just not, for once, try and start an argument? It's annoying, and wastes my time as well as yours, and not to mention sends threads off topics.
Guess what, you don't always get to pick the topic. First, some guy posts about how in a brass bull the water in the body would turn to steam and then you reply that the body doesn't work like that and it would take a long time. I then add to the argument, whose context is already decided, saying that the air would be unbreathable. How is that not on topic? What, you think I'm psychic, and should have sensed that you wished to change subjects? Christ.
08-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Find