Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia The Dark Descent.exe has crashed.
Azzerrrr Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Amnesia The Dark Descent.exe has crashed.

Hey boys and girls i am having some trouble with my Amnesia game so let me introduce the device i am using. I am using a Pavilion dv6 HP laptop the Graphics card is a Intel® HD Graphics Family it also says underneath the Display adapters in the Device manager: Radeon ™ HD 6490M and funny enough has a small warning symbol in the icon. But when i run Amnesia it says: Video Device: Intel® HD Graphics Family the Quality is on Custom, SSAO is ticked Edge smooth is not ticked, World Reflection is ticked, Anisotropy is off SSAO resolution is on, Medium SAO samples is on 8 and Parallax is on. Now for the Basic Graphic options: Resolution: 1360x768,FullScreen is ticked, Texture Quality is on High,Shadow quality is on Medium,Shadow resolution is on High. Now let me explain the in-game problems and issues the first thing i get is when i run amnesia just before the Frictional games logo appears it says Amnesia.exe is not responding and then the screen goes grey and a window pops up saying wait for a response or close the program. So what i have to do then is click off the little pop up then double click then the menu will appear again then i have to click off ounce more then it loads takes me to the menu then i will load my favorite custom story: A shade of lavender and when you get to the point where you have to open the doors that take you to a specific destination as in the archives or the machine room it will crash again. This problem has caused quite a lot of problems like when i am recording it will pop up and its very annoying when i play with friends please get back to me on this. Signed: Luc Saunders.
08-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Find
EXAWOLT Offline

Threads: 14
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia The Dark Descent.exe has crashed.

try run in low graphics an kill backround tasks, what RAM do you have?
08-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Find
Azzerrrr Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia The Dark Descent.exe has crashed.

(08-07-2012, 10:02 AM)EXAWOLT Wrote: try run in low graphics an kill backround tasks, what RAM do you have?
Hmm where can i find my RAM?
08-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

forget the ram, check the sticky guides very carefully (specific section for such laptops) and provide us with the required file
08-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Find
Azzerrrr Offline

where do i find the sticky guides?
08-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Find
lolmaster Offline

Threads: 9

In the Technical Support forum.

08-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Find