Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you guys find scary?
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38
What do you guys find scary?

I don't want to hear: Teleporting Naked Guys, those are jump-scares. You might be shock for 4 minutes, but it does not make the player feel that they're 1 with the character you know.

For instance, the bones that fell out of the deskdoor scare was a good scare because it was done by yourself. You chose to open that door up, you were not forced to be scared. I think that makes it more exciting for the player.

But now to the question: What do you guys find scary? (think of the use of sounds and stuff)

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
08-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Website Find
The Shanus Offline

Threads: 15
RE: What do you guys find scary?

I would find things like the bones falling scary, but not because theyre falling, but because they attract monsters. I would like to see a map where the monsters are always patrolling, and many things in the environment are "accidentally" knocked over by the player, or something makes a very loud creak, and this draws the monster. It would take alot of scripting and planning however, and might be hard to build up suspense and whatnot. But the player would be scared of the environment aswell as the monster.

Also - this is cheating. Unless it's a discussion, in which case it shouldn't be posted in this thread. Support does not mean "tell me what to put in my custom story"!

[Image: theshanusyoutube.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012, 06:34 PM by The Shanus.)
08-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

(08-07-2012, 06:33 PM)The Shanus Wrote: I would find things like the bones falling scary, but not because theyre falling, but because they attract monsters. I would like to see a map where the monsters are always patrolling, and many things in the environment are "accidentally" knocked over by the player, or something makes a very loud creak, and this draws the monster. It would take alot of scripting and planning however, and might be hard to build up suspense and whatnot. But the player would be scared of the environment aswell as the monster.

Also - this is cheating. Unless it's a discussion, in which case it shouldn't be posted in this thread. Support does not mean "tell me what to put in my custom story"!
Great Idea!

And, cheating? Nah, I just want to make this custom story entertaining for you guys. So I ask for your support. I'm new on this forum, where should I make this thread (for future purposes)? which catagory?

08-07-2012, 06:38 PM
Website Find
The Shanus Offline

Threads: 15

Ah, but that should come from your own mind, so that it isn't someone else's idea. Something like this should be in a discussion forum, but try and keep the intent of using other people's ideas on the down-low. It's frowned upon.

[Image: theshanusyoutube.jpg]
08-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

(08-07-2012, 06:51 PM)The Shanus Wrote: Ah, but that should come from your own mind, so that it isn't someone else's idea. Something like this should be in a discussion forum, but try and keep the intent of using other people's ideas on the down-low. It's frowned upon.
k, thanks for the tip.

08-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

The Groke.

That is all.
08-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Find