Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Map startup. Game lags. Noises are heard. Doors cant be opened, help?
HeadyBoy Offline

Threads: 16
Map startup. Game lags. Noises are heard. Doors cant be opened, help?

There is something wrong with my map, I had this trouble before when a mattress was colliding with another entity but now I am very unsure what it is.

When I startup my map, a few noises are heard like, as if something is violently getting thrown across a room. And then I cannot open any doors, and they can also be lifted off the ground with enough pulling. It creates a lot of lag when trying to play the map and I am very unsure on what to do. Could somebody please help me?

Voice Actor - Male, British Accent, Mid-teens, Adaptable
Custom Stories - "The Heist: Amnesia" (In production)
08-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Find
Chap Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Map startup. Game lags. Noises are heard. Doors cant be opened, help?

Not sure if you have an actual bug but to me it sounds like you've just got props inside each other. How big is the map and roughly how many physics objects do you have? Doors need to be properly aligned in a door frame to work smoothly - Best thing to do is set your grid space to 0.05 and have the door clipping in the floor rather than the top of the frame since the floor is the only part that won't collide with the door.

As for the sounds you hear, if you have dev mode on you'll be able to see what sounds are made which might indicate what props are going mental ^-^

[Image: 20643.png]
08-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Find