Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game crashes on a new Mac Pro
Rikoshay Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game crashes on a new Mac Pro

I received & installed the replacement ATI 1900 card yesterday & I had some success & some failure. I can now play Penumbra as long as I want (it seems) as well as other previously-unplayable games, but the hardware test on my Leopard install disk still won't give me a clean bill of health. I'm still getting the same error, just much later. I guess I'm going to have to call Apple again. Last night I searched the Web looking for other Mac issues with the ATI 1900 card and found a World Of War forum for unhappy Mac Pro users with the 1900 card. The Rev. 1 issue of the card had MANY over-heating problems which necessitated a Rev. 2 issue (my card) in late 2007. This helped a lot but didn't solve the problem. Users still had to clean the 1900 heat sink once a month to avoid serious over-heating. This year, Apple is using a completely different card lineup for the Mac Pro. I got the impression that these newer ATI & NVidio cards won't work in my Mac Pro.
02-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game crashes on a new Mac Pro

Actually the newer ATI card does work on the mac pro (the Mac pro ATI HD 2600) as I have that in my Mac pro (2007 model) and it works. But only in Leopard (not in Tiger). Seems odd that I have not run into any overheating issues with my ATI X1900.. (I have 3 video cards installed!)

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
03-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Website Find