Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
my first custom Story: The evil awakes
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: my first custom Story: The evil awakes

Quote:
what is neighbourhood, pal.?
In my Video the game crashes never...
It says: FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file custom_stories/Tutorial/maps/C:/Program Files (x86)/Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/custom_stories/Tutorial2.map

I think the problem may be that your Custom story searches for the map file in the path above, but it isn't there because my Amnesia is installed on D:/ instead... just a wild guess though.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012, 05:25 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
08-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(08-11-2012, 05:22 PM)Danny Boy Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 04:19 PM)Gaviao Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 01:50 PM)Fishnugget Wrote: now i get it?You all hates this map because the story makes no sence?
yes they hate... its because they think that only LONG custom stories are good! i´ve seen that since they started to hate on pewdiepie maps, and after that... martin´s survival,it begins slowly,dark room,and alot of other custom stories! lost the lights is the worst custom story because you have to walk alot to do something... and everyone loved it!, but don´t worry. i loved your custom story, its really well made for a first custom story xD, next time remember to put sound on the doors trololololol(joke)
We don't hate pewdiepie's maps because they are long! its because they lack EVERYTHING! lack of good level design, lack of good scares, lack of originality, lack of thought in to them, lack of ambient, lack of good lighting, LACK OF EVERYTHING! People that make those custom story only make their half ass bullcrap so they can jerk off to pewdiepie while he plays their custom story! its not because they wanted to make a story and show to us. its only because of pewdiepie. hell most of them don't even like to make custom maps! so why in the world should we like something that was made by someone who clearly didn't give a fuck of what he as made?!
You missed Gaviao's point completely.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
08-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(08-11-2012, 01:50 PM)Fishnugget Wrote: now i get it?You all hates this map because the story makes no sence?
So many more reasons than that. I believe that you have little chance of creating any good custom stories (or maps) in the near (perhaps even far) future, not because you are an amateur, but because you have no artistic talent in writing and inducing fear. Your work makes me doubt that you even played the game Amnesia; then you would pick up the slightest respect for it's beauty in horror.
Play the better stories( Abduction, Followed by Death, and La Caza to name a few) so that you may grasp what it is that makes them wonderful.
08-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(08-11-2012, 05:32 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: Play the better stories( Abduction, Followed by Death, and La Caza to name a few) so that you may grasp what it is that makes them wonderful.
Also White Night and Deterioration.

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012, 05:36 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
08-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(08-11-2012, 05:26 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
yes they hate... its because they think that only LONG custom stories are good! i´ve seen that since they started to hate on pewdiepie maps, and after that... martin´s survival,it begins slowly,dark room,and alot of other custom stories! lost the lights is the worst custom story because you have to walk alot to do something... and everyone loved it!, but don´t worry. i loved your custom story, its really well made for a first custom story xD, next time remember to put sound on the doors trololololol(joke)
We don't hate pewdiepie's maps because they are long! its because they lack EVERYTHING! lack of good level design, lack of good scares, lack of originality, lack of thought in to them, lack of ambient, lack of good lighting, LACK OF EVERYTHING! People that make those custom story only make their half ass bullcrap so they can jerk off to pewdiepie while he plays their custom story! its not because they wanted to make a story and show to us. its only because of pewdiepie. hell most of them don't even like to make custom maps! so why in the world should we like something that was made by someone who clearly didn't give a fuck of what he as made?!
The only point he might have "missed", was that Gaviao said "It's because they think that only LONG custom stories are good!" and Danny said "We don't hate Pewdiepie maps because they are long!"
Everywhere else, Danny was spot-on!
08-11-2012, 05:38 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(08-11-2012, 05:38 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
The only point he might have "missed", was that Gaviao said "It's because they think that only LONG custom stories are good!" and Danny said "We don't hate Pewdiepie maps because they are long!"
Exactly.

08-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(08-11-2012, 05:36 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 05:32 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: Play the better stories( Abduction, Followed by Death, and La Caza to name a few) so that you may grasp what it is that makes them wonderful.
Also White Night and Deterioration.
I listed the ones that are easy to download and that would be a good start. I didn't mention White Night because it's a full conversion, thus a bit harder to download. (This guy doesn't seem to understand anything. Literally -- just look at the other thread they made about "How to make enemies".)
08-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Find
Posting Freak

(08-11-2012, 05:40 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: (This guy doesn't seem to understand anything. Literally -- just look at the other thread they made about "How to make enemies".)
That thread was hilarious.

08-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(08-11-2012, 05:39 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 05:38 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 04:19 PM)Gaviao Wrote: yes they hate... its because they think that only LONG custom stories are good! i´ve seen that since they started to hate on pewdiepie maps, and after that... martin´s survival,it begins slowly,dark room,and alot of other custom stories! lost the lights is the worst custom story because you have to walk alot to do something... and everyone loved it!, but don´t worry. i loved your custom story, its really well made for a first custom story xD, next time remember to put sound on the doors trololololol(joke)
Exactly.
Yes, though Gaviao might have introduced that as his fundamental statement, he didn't really follow it up with good(or understandable) evidence to support the claim. Danny actually brought up several good points to whatever Gaviao might have been saying(didn't make a ton of sense).

(08-11-2012, 05:42 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote:
(08-11-2012, 05:40 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: (This guy doesn't seem to understand anything. Literally -- just look at the other thread they made about "How to make enemies".)
That thread was hilarious.
It's like he didn't 'want' to learn.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012, 05:43 PM by failedALIAS.)
08-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Find
Mr.Amnesia Offline

Threads: 3

This was the funniest and most interesting thread I have seen in a while. Smile

You should play some of the best custom stories or full conversions like white night or others so then you can get an idea of what a Good custom story should be and also you can get ideas from them and create better custom stories in future. Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012, 06:13 PM by Mr.Amnesia.)
08-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Find