Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
my first custom Story: The evil awakes
Fishnugget Offline

Threads: 6
RE: my first custom Story: The evil awakes

Ok, i know what is to do. I trying to make a second story. WIth door frames better design usw.

and i want to learn but i dont understand professional words on english

but I need a idea for a story....
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012, 06:54 PM by Fishnugget.)
08-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(08-11-2012, 06:21 PM)Fishnugget Wrote: Ok, i know what is to do. I trying to make a second story. WIth door frames better design usw.

and i want to learn but i dont understand professional words on english
Okay, here's a list of things to remember:
1. NO MY LITTLE PONY! People here hate stories like that! I hate stories like that, and I'm fucking wearing a shirt that has a picture of Derpy with the text "Derpy is Best Pony"!
2. The story needs to make sense, so actually think about that shit!
3. You can include a translated version that's english; if you can't translate yourself, ask for someone who can.
4. A truly good custom story focuses on paranoia, anticipation, and dread. Basically, NO FUCKING STUPID SCARES!
5. To really grasp their attention, make the environment as realistic as possible; no weird shit that doesn't make sense, like a naked body in a closet.
6. Make the player really FEEL like they're there and in danger. They should always be in control of what they see and what they don't see -- Amnesia didn't have cutscenes for a reason!
7. Make the rooms and buildings practical: how often do you see buildings with giant empty rooms? The building was made for a purpose, and parts of it will be shaped accordingly to whatever that purpose was.

I don't have much faith that you'll even understand what I'm saying, but oh well.
08-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Find
Fishnugget Offline

I translate it but how i made credits and a intro?
08-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(08-11-2012, 07:04 PM)Fishnugget Wrote: I translate it but how i made credits and a intro?
Let's focus on what's essential: Not releasing a piece of shit.
08-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Find
Fishnugget Offline

first i need a idea for a story
08-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(08-11-2012, 07:10 PM)Fishnugget Wrote: first i need a idea for a story
Well try one of the three:
Betrayal and Revenge.) The protagonist struggles to enact retribution against someone who left him for dead.
Exploration and Discovery.) Perhaps the protagonist is part of a adventure mission and gets lost or whatever.
(The One you shouldn't go with, cause it doesn't seem you're very good with story writing) The WakesUpWhereTheFuckAmI?) Don't. . . Just don't.
08-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

You know...just a crazy idea (and I might get a lot of hate from all the storywriters here for it ^^) but you could just try and make a small map without a story for now. Instead of trying to do everything at once, just focus on the setting, the atmosphere, try and get as close to the original Amnesia in terms of visual quality as you can. Maybe design some locations like a cellar, a lab, study room, library, dining room or whatever and try to make them nice and detailled, so that the player knows what the location is supposed to be without you telling him. Then when you have a few cool locations you can still think of a good story to tie them together.
Ist nur eine verrückte Idee (für die ich wahrscheinlich von den Storywritern hier verprügelt werde ^^), aber du könntest auch ersteinmal ein paar kleine maps ohne story dazu machen. Anstatt alles auf einmal zu versuchen, könntest du dich erstmal auf Atmosphäre und Setting konzentrieren und probieren, von der optischen Qualität so nah wie möglich an das original-Spiel ranzukommen. Vielleicht einfach mal ein paar verschiedene Räume kreieren, z.B. Keller, Labor, Studierzimmer, Bibliothek, Esszimmer... und die möglichst schön ausgestalten, sodasss der Spieler gleich weiß was es für ein Raum sein soll. Dann, wenn du ein paar schöne Locations hast, kannst du dir immernoch eine Story ausdenken um sie sinnvoll miteinander zu verknüpfen.
08-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(08-11-2012, 08:24 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: You know...just a crazy idea (and I might get a lot of hate from all the storywriters here for it ^^) but you could just try and make a small map without a story for now. Instead of trying to do everything at once, just focus on the setting, the atmosphere, try and get as close to the original Amnesia in terms of visual quality as you can. Maybe design some locations like a cellar, a lab, study room, library, dining room or whatever and try to make them nice and detailled, so that the player knows what the location is supposed to be without you telling him. Then when you have a few cool locations you can still think of a good story to tie them together.
this ^
08-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(08-11-2012, 08:24 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: You know...just a crazy idea (and I might get a lot of hate from all the storywriters here for it ^^) but you could just try and make a small map without a story for now. Instead of trying to do everything at once, just focus on the setting, the atmosphere, try and get as close to the original Amnesia in terms of visual quality as you can. Maybe design some locations like a cellar, a lab, study room, library, dining room or whatever and try to make them nice and detailled, so that the player knows what the location is supposed to be without you telling him. Then when you have a few cool locations you can still think of a good story to tie them together.
Ist nur eine verrückte Idee (für die ich wahrscheinlich von den Storywritern hier verprügelt werde ^^), aber du könntest auch ersteinmal ein paar kleine maps ohne story dazu machen. Anstatt alles auf einmal zu versuchen, könntest du dich erstmal auf Atmosphäre und Setting konzentrieren und probieren, von der optischen Qualität so nah wie möglich an das original-Spiel ranzukommen. Vielleicht einfach mal ein paar verschiedene Räume kreieren, z.B. Keller, Labor, Studierzimmer, Bibliothek, Esszimmer... und die möglichst schön ausgestalten, sodasss der Spieler gleich weiß was es für ein Raum sein soll. Dann, wenn du ein paar schöne Locations hast, kannst du dir immernoch eine Story ausdenken um sie sinnvoll miteinander zu verknüpfen.
Normally I would throw the hate, but you're actually really right.
08-12-2012, 01:24 AM
Find
Mr.Amnesia Offline

Threads: 3

Ist nur eine verrückte Idee (für die ich wahrscheinlich von den Storywritern hier verprügelt werde ^^), aber du könntest auch ersteinmal ein paar kleine maps ohne story dazu machen. Anstatt alles auf einmal zu versuchen, könntest du dich erstmal auf Atmosphäre und Setting konzentrieren und probieren, von der optischen Qualität so nah wie möglich an das original-Spiel ranzukommen. Vielleicht einfach mal ein paar verschiedene Räume kreieren, z.B. Keller, Labor, Studierzimmer, Bibliothek, Esszimmer... und die möglichst schön ausgestalten, sodasss der Spieler gleich weiß was es für ein Raum sein soll. Dann, wenn du ein paar schöne Locations hast, kannst du dir immernoch eine Story ausdenken um sie sinnvoll miteinander zu verknüpfe
(08-11-2012, 08:24 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: That is smart thinking Smile
08-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Find