Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
extra_english.lang help!
Revango Offline

Threads: 1
extra_english.lang help!

Okay guys, here's the deal. I have a custom story already in place, I know all the ins and outs of it. But my crappy scripting skills are really holding me back from making this stroy as epic as I see it.

My biggest problem right now is figuring out how to make multiple notes on the same map. For example, when my custom story starts out, I want to have two notes: One on a desk and one on the floor by the door. However, I can't seem to get the scripting right in my .lang file because when I try to make a the second note's script, the description for my CS disappears and so does the text in the note I have on the desk.

Here's what my .lang file looks like now.

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">
Thirteen years. It took thirteen years of unrelenting studying and experiments of anatomy, physiology, biology and chemistry to bring the Professor far enough to create life. To show God that he no longer holds the power of life in his hands alone. Like God, he created this being in his image.[br]Unfortunately, The Professor is not loving as God is.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_DeskNote_Name">Night Terrors</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_DeskNote_Text">These nightmares that poison my nights have begun to intensify. I thought that moving to my study would somehow aid in reducing these terrors but they are unrelenting. They all have the same ambient, terrifying darkness that seems to ensnare me within itself. The screams circle around me as if I were prey.. Never fleeting, just intensifying in volume and pain.. HE WAS FREE.. .[br][br]I must speak with Höhle immediately. Safety measures must be amplifies. He isn't prepared for the world.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
<Entry Name="ExitDoor">Entrance Parlor</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="LevelDoors">
<Entry Name="LevelDoor1">Locked...?</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

What I'm asking is where should I put the second letter, which we'll call LOL (lol), in my .lang file?

Any help would be appreciated!
08-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: extra_english.lang help!

Inside of the "Journal" Category, simply make another note the same way you did your first one, the structure would be something like:

Category: Journal
Entry Name
Entry Text

Entry Name
Entry Text
End Category

You should never have 2 categories with the same name or else none of the lang will work properly.

Hope that helped!

I rate it 3 memes.
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2012, 04:48 PM by Adny.)
08-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Find
Revango Offline

(08-10-2012, 04:47 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Inside of the "Journal" Category, simply make another note the same way you did your first one, the structure would be something like:

Category: Journal
Entry Name
Entry Text
Entry Name
Entry Text
End Category

You should never have 2 categories with the same name or else none of the lang will work properly.

Hope that helped!
You see, I did try thast last night, but that's when both my CS description and the other note disappeared. Maybe it's part of the syntax I screwed up on?
08-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

Maybe you require a GUI for support: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-12213.html

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Website Find
Revango Offline

(08-10-2012, 04:54 PM)Your Computer Wrote: Maybe you require a GUI for support: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-12213.html
Already looked at all of those.
08-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Find