Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Description
drujeful Offline

Threads: 2
No Description

This is a weird one. When I try to start my custom story, I get no description and none of my lang stuff works in the game. I use notepad++ and so it highlights syntax and whatnot. However, on this line

Dear Collin[br][br]I haven't much time. You must come find me. I beg you to save me.[br][br]Forever yours, Lily

The closing doesn't have the same highlight as almost the all the other closing instances. One other exception is
It's too dark. A lantern is needed to continue.

It's the same closing bracket deal. I apologize if I'm missing something completely different and the highlight doesn't matter, or whatever the case may be. I just need an extra set of eyes to find something I've missed. Thanks everyone!!

Collin awakes in a strange place...

//Journals

//First Floor
Help!
Dear Collin[br][br]I haven't much time. You must come find me. I beg you to save me.[br][br]Forever yours, Lily

Crowbar
If the door leading to the Entrance Hall gets jammed again, I have a spare crowbar in the storage room.

Lantern
Collin,[br][br]Something is following you, hidden in the darkness. You will not last long without a source of light to carry with you where you go. This source of light is hidden in this room.

Welcome
Welcome Guest,[br][br]I hope your stay may be very enjoyable. Vacant rooms are unlocked. If a room is locked, please do not disturb. Inside each room is a key for your privacy. If a spare key is needed, feel free to ask at the front desk.[br][br]In each room, is a stack of paper and a quil. Please place orders for food items you desire on the paper and leave said paper on the table outside your room. My servants will leave your food on the table. Please do not interupt the servants, they work hard.[br][br]Thank you,[br]Sir Issac Hilden.

//Inventory

//First Floor
Stair key
Unlocks the stair landing.

Second Floor
Unlocks the second floor.

//Messages

//First Floor
It's too dark. A lantern is needed to continue.
The door is locked.
The door is jammed shut. It may be pried open.
Occupied!
Lavatory

//Levels

//First Floor
Basement
Entrance Hall
Second Floor

First Floor

//First Floor
What was that thing? Collin had never been documented having hallucinations. Then why now?
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012, 05:44 AM by drujeful.)
08-11-2012, 02:24 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: No Description

<Entry Name"first">First Floor</Entry>

Need an equals sign between Name and "first"

Just to be safe, I'd also remove the dividers you made using the "/////name"; you shouldn't be reading the lang file with c++ in notepad++, you should be reading it with the xml language.

Hope that helped :o

I rate it 3 memes.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012, 02:33 AM by Adny.)
08-11-2012, 02:29 AM
Find
drujeful Offline

Threads: 2
RE: No Description

It works. Thanks a lot. Sometimes, you just need an extra set of eyes over looking your code. Also, I put it in XML, great pointer. Thanks again!!!
08-11-2012, 05:43 AM
Find