Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Issues Help Full Conversion Main Menu Help
The Shanus Offline

Threads: 15
Full Conversion Main Menu Help

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with my main menu. The two biggest issues are that, firstly, in-game physics doesnt seem to apply to the main menu. It's practically the same map I use in a level, but when run in the main menu, invisible boxes are visible, (I deleted them so it's not an issue, just pointing it out), staticphysics doesn't work, and things just dont "mold" into each other like they do in-game. Any idea how to fix this, if it can be fixed? Secondly, I can't figure out how to change the AMNESIA title, that pops-up over the game at the start menu. Can anyone tell me where the file is that the text/image is at, so I can edit it? Thanks in advance.

[Image: theshanusyoutube.jpg]
08-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Find
Apjjm Offline
Is easy to say

Threads: 18
RE: Full Conversion Main Menu Help

There are two ways to handle the logo:
1) The amnesia logo is in "lang/eng/graphics/main_menu". For a full conversion you will want to create a copy of the "lang" folder and dump it into your full conversion folder, then just use the cfg files of your full conversion to point at the new lang folder. I think the options for changing this is in "english.lang" in the resources section - so you will also need to make a custom "english.lang" (or whatever language you are using), which you probably are doing anyway, and set up main_init accordingly.

2) This other way is a little easier: Look at how it was done for justine (ptest) in ptest_menu.cfg as there is an option there to set the logo up.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2012, 02:53 PM by Apjjm.)
08-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

The main menu map is only for looks, it's not intended to be a completely functional map.

Also, http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11120.html

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Website Find
The Shanus Offline

Threads: 15

(08-11-2012, 02:48 PM)Apjjm Wrote: There are two ways to handle the logo:
1) The amnesia logo is in "lang/eng/graphics/main_menu". For a full conversion you will want to create a copy of the "lang" folder and dump it into your full conversion folder, then just use the cfg files of your full conversion to point at the new lang folder. I think the options for changing this is in "english.lang" in the resources section - so you will also need to make a custom "english.lang" (or whatever language you are using), which you probably are doing anyway, and set up main_init accordingly.

2) This other way is a little easier: Look at how it was done for justine (ptest) in ptest_menu.cfg as there is an option there to set the logo up.

(08-11-2012, 02:49 PM)Your Computer Wrote: The main menu map is only for looks, it's not intended to be a completely functional map.

Also, http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-11120.html
Okay, thanks alot guys, I'll get to work

[Image: theshanusyoutube.jpg]
08-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Find