Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Work in progress *Nameless*
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: [WORKING ON] Nameless

Actually having PMed other Moderators on here about the issue to ask about my own story I can guarantee you some of them aren't as easy going when it comes to this sort of stuff as Statyk is, so I dunno if you'd be able to get away with it.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2013, 12:37 AM by Kman.)
01-30-2013, 12:37 AM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

If no copyrighted models, then no copyrighted music as well. Not sure why it would make sense to anyone to show favoritism to all but copyrighted models. Plus, it was ruled that any kind of copyrighted material found in custom stories without proof of permission is to be removed. The type of material is irrelevant; if the copyright does not allow for redistribution, the content will be taken down.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
01-30-2013, 08:30 AM
Website Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

So I only need to ask for permission before use copyright stuff, right ?

EDIT : This is a yes or no question. And sorry for my English. Sometimes it's hard to understand what you're saying.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2013, 10:24 AM by No Author.)
01-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

(01-30-2013, 09:25 AM)No Author Wrote: So I only need to ask for permission before use copyright stuff, right ?

EDIT : This is a yes or no question. And sorry for my English. Sometimes it's hard to understand what you're saying.

"it was ruled that any kind of copyrighted material found in custom stories without proof of permission is to be removed..."
"...if the copyright does not allow for redistribution, the content will be taken down"

That's a 'No', unless you get written proof from whoever holds the rights to that music, which you most likely won't (but feel free to try). IIRC, the rights for specific assets tend to get real messy as a lot of music comes from 3rd party contractors/freelancers, which seriously complicates the copyrights

Thanks for making it clear, YC

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2013, 12:50 PM by Adrianis.)
01-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(01-30-2013, 12:46 PM)Adrianis Wrote:
(01-30-2013, 09:25 AM)No Author Wrote: So I only need to ask for permission before use copyright stuff, right ?

"it was ruled that any kind of copyrighted material found in custom stories without proof of permission is to be removed..."
"...if the copyright does not allow for redistribution, the content will be taken down"

That's a 'No', unless you get written proof from whoever holds the rights to that music, which you most likely won't (but feel free to try). IIRC, the rights for specific assets tend to get real messy as a lot of music comes from 3rd party contractors/freelancers, which seriously complicates the copyrights

Thanks for making it clear, YC

Okay, thanks. I understand now.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
01-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Look awesome!!!
Btw.. do NOT use music from existing games!
My Fear Amnesia was removes from frictional games { i have respect for that,rules are rules }
I think you CAN on Moddb, i had no problems there...
But just try to make your own music\gamemusic.. or go to freesounds\freemusic sites.
Keep up the work and i follow this one!
01-30-2013, 04:09 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

In any case, I prefer that people get music custom created. There are a few members here who do this for free here, mainly to get their name out and do what they love. So my ultimate vote is to try and find a composer here. Everyone needs a chance to strut their stuff. =P

Trying to get copyrighted material or models is more hassle than it's worth.
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2013, 05:23 PM by Statyk.)
01-30-2013, 05:22 PM
Find
FEAR Offline

Threads: 2

Oh ok, thanks for the warning. Can you suggest me a good, free music editor or whatever it's called, pls?
thanks again Big Grin

i'm italian so dont judge my english D:
01-31-2013, 04:26 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6
RE: *Nameless*

I use Audacity which is very good, and very free, though whether or not it'll be useful I'm not sure Smile As with the majority of open-source software, it has great functionality but it's presentation leaves something to be desired!

01-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Find
FEAR Offline

Threads: 2
RE: *Nameless*

(01-31-2013, 05:21 PM)Adrianis Wrote: I use Audacity which is very good, and very free, though whether or not it'll be useful I'm not sure Smile As with the majority of open-source software, it has great functionality but it's presentation leaves something to be desired!
Thx !
01-31-2013, 05:58 PM
Find