Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking at a grunt without sanity loss
ApeCake Offline

Threads: 20
Looking at a grunt without sanity loss

I'm busy with a project that involves looking at grunts. However, if you look at them the screen goes all spazzy. I have SetSanityDrainDisabled(true);, but the screen still goes mad. I was looking at user defined variables of the grunt in the model editor but couldn't find any sanity-related options. Does my CS need to be a full conversion for this or did I miss a sanity option in the model editor?
Thanks in advance.
08-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Looking at a grunt without sanity loss

It's a hard coded feature. The only way to get around this right now is to put a blockbox between the player and the grunt. As there is an entity between you and the grunt, the game does not read that you are directly looking at him. Hope this works for you.
08-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

You need a full conversion to disable this without any problems. The radial blur effect, however, will remain. Not sure if there is a way to disable the radial blur effect too.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2012, 06:32 PM by Your Computer.)
08-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Website Find
ApeCake Offline

Threads: 20

(08-12-2012, 04:06 PM)Statyk Wrote: It's a hard coded feature. The only way to get around this right now is to put a blockbox between the player and the grunt. As there is an entity between you and the grunt, the game does not read that you are directly looking at him. Hope this works for you.
:/ Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. Oh well.
08-12-2012, 09:49 PM
Find