Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FATAL ERROR Could Not Load World File 'MyMaps/my_maps.map'
taylor122002 Offline

Threads: 10
FATAL ERROR Could Not Load World File 'MyMaps/my_maps.map'

Hello everybody! I have a question to ask, I just recently made a Test Custom Story so I can learn basics of scripting and such. At first when I made this Test CS, it worked perfectly fine, and I was able to open Amnesia.

So I went back to the Level Editor and added a Dresser and a Lamp. Then I went back to open up Amnesia, and it gives me this error
"FATAL ERROR Could Not Load World File 'MyMaps/my_maps.map'" in which it closes out of the game. I tried removing the Test Map with all those files out of the custom_stories folder to see if that would help. It didn't, and it keeps giving me that error.

I have the Steam version, if that helps figure things out.

I still have all of the files that I made with the CS, the Test file, they're now in the Trash Bin, I wont delete them to see if I could send the files through this thread to see if someone else could look at it to see if I did something wrong.

Please help, I'm now worried that the actual Amnesia game wont work anymore. D:

Attached Files
.png   amnesiahelp3.png (Size: 273.92 KB / Downloads: 143)
08-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Find
Fearlessagent Offline

Threads: 2
RE: FATAL ERROR Could Not Load World File 'MyMaps/my_maps.map'

(08-13-2012, 04:16 PM)taylor122002 Wrote: Hello everybody! I have a question to ask, I just recently made a Test Custom Story so I can learn basics of scripting and such. At first when I made this Test CS, it worked perfectly fine, and I was able to open Amnesia.

So I went back to the Level Editor and added a Dresser and a Lamp. Then I went back to open up Amnesia, and it gives me this error
"FATAL ERROR Could Not Load World File 'MyMaps/my_maps.map'" in which it closes out of the game. I tried removing the Test Map with all those files out of the custom_stories folder to see if that would help. It didn't, and it keeps giving me that error.

I have the Steam version, if that helps figure things out.

I still have all of the files that I made with the CS, the Test file, they're now in the Trash Bin, I wont delete them to see if I could send the files through this thread to see if someone else could look at it to see if I did something wrong.

Please help, I'm now worried that the actual Amnesia game wont work anymore. D:
Do you have a version that you know worked before? Or perhaps create a new map in its place just to test. Or even try loading up a separate custom story or start a new Amnesia game. If another map works when starting up, its probably something other than your custom story. Try having steam check your game files (backup your story first). Other than that, I couldn't tell you what went wrong. Does the map open in the editor? Does custom_story_setting.cfg have all the correct paramaters?
08-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Find
TheIcyPickle Offline

Threads: 16
RE: FATAL ERROR Could Not Load World File 'MyMaps/my_maps.map'

1. Make sure your own CS has a folder in the custom stories folder of amnesia.
2. look inside. Your maps should be in a folder called "maps" along with "mapname.hps"
3. the .cfg. I think is is where your issue is primarily. (this is in YOUR made CS folder with your .lang.)

[Image: C80GQ.jpg]

[Image: UZ05d.jpg]

These pictures should tell you where to place everything. Good Luck! If you want to see more, let me know.
The maps folder is for the .map and .hps
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2012, 04:25 AM by TheIcyPickle.)
08-14-2012, 04:23 AM
Find