Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ConnectEntities
Solipsist Offline

Threads: 5
ConnectEntities

That's a part in the wiki that should be looked for, it has zero information regarding the matter of connections..

What I want to do is, to tie an entity to the player. Specifically an area_Script. I doubt anything like a Light would be able to follow the player, although I did saw some evidence of a dynamic light in action <_<

...Anyway, my attempts did not come to fruition. And all I wonder right now is; is this even possible?

08-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: ConnectEntities

The ConnectEntities function is used to make two entities (usually gameplay types) function together, like a lever opening a door. Your request, I think is impossible; normally you could attach entities (or in your case, lights) to one another in the model editor, but the player isn't a model. The player is more of an invisible object that occupies the exact dimensions of a normal human; it is used so there will be realistic collision in the environment.

Hope that helped.

I rate it 3 memes.
08-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Find
Solipsist Offline

Threads: 5
RE: ConnectEntities

So, can I use the Model Editor in order to create a new player-model which will have an Area_Script with the ability to set a lookAtCallback function as it is attached to the player's feet?

08-15-2012, 06:14 PM
Find