Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Unplayable - Part II (in-game computer console unusable)
JosephTheLee Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Unplayable - Part II (in-game computer console unusable)

Every computer console I’ve come across in the game gives me little blank "windows" when opening the “applications”, except for the door control panel early on in the game. At first I thought it was just a strange little nuance about the game and didn’t think too much about it since he copied the contents into the notes. However, I’m at the part where you need to set the chipsets up with the correct programs and I’m trying blindly to get the right combination. I’m playing on a Vista 32 Bit OS, Intel Core Duo Processor, and ATI Radeon Mobility X1400. I have tried with old and new drivers and still experience this problem.

Any advice?

-Joseph
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2008, 04:04 AM by narog.)
02-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game Uplayable - Part II (in-game computer console unusable)

Tried the omega drivers?

Does the main menu look fine?

Could you take a screen shot?

What "door control panel" do you mean?
02-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Find
JosephTheLee Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Game Uplayable - Part II (in-game computer console unusable)

Thomas Wrote:Tried the omega drivers?

No I haven’t, where could I find them?

Thomas Wrote:Does the main menu look fine?

Yeah, it appears to be fine to me.

Thomas Wrote:Could you take a screen shot?

I was having a tough time taking a screenshot last night when I experienced the problem. I couldn’t use my normal methods, how would you recommend I do that? I’ll be happy to post one when I get home from work this evening, but in lieu of having it…imagine the two “windows” for the console being completely black and blank. Clicking into the void in the right hand window produces little beeping noises and I can click the buttons on the bottom (delete, package, etc) and even get the “error” message letting me know that I don’t have the correct configuration…but I obviously can’t successful complete the puzzle.

Thomas Wrote:What "door control panel" do you mean?

I’m referring to the puzzle from early on in the game (in the demo portion) where you need to use the console in the kitchen to enter a password in order to open a door in the cafeteria. Every “application” opened a blank, black window except for the doorcontrol.exe (or whatever it’s called) app. Fortunately, since the contents of the other windows are copied into the notes, I was able to read it from there and solve the puzzle. I’m not able to use that method for this situation…so I’m stuck.

Thanks for the rapid response. I’m hoping to resolve this soon, my wife and I are really enjoying this game together and are looking forward to the rest of it.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2008, 06:21 PM by narog.)
02-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Here are the omega drivers. These can often fix problems on laptop cards:

http://www.omegadrivers.net/
02-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

You can take screenshots by pressing F8 ingame
02-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Website Find
JosephTheLee Offline

jens Wrote:You can take screenshots by pressing F8 ingame

Yeah, I tried that and kept getting a shot of the application running under the game. I'll give it a try again this evening.

Thanks!
02-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Find
JosephTheLee Offline

Thomas Wrote:Here are the omega drivers. These can often fix problems on laptop cards:

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Sweet; I'll load them up and give you guys an update.

Thanks for the quick support.
02-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Find
JosephTheLee Offline

I have installed the Omega drivers and enjoy a bit smoother performance; but, I'm still met with two blank boxes when accessing the terminal.

And, I still can't nab a screenshot; I've never had that problem before.

Argh.
(This post was last modified: 02-21-2008, 04:04 AM by narog.)
02-21-2008, 04:03 AM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Afraid I have not got a clue what the problem might be.... I will give it some thinking and get back as soon as I got an idea.
02-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Find
JosephTheLee Offline

Thomas Wrote:Afraid I have not got a clue what the problem might be.... I will give it some thinking and get back as soon as I got an idea.

I'll try a complete re-install in the meantime. I just don't understand why one particular window (the password in the messhall) would work and the others do not.
02-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Find