Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How to play amnesia without walkthroughs?
Gruntficator Offline

Threads: 1
How to play amnesia without walkthroughs?

Hey guys, I'm a new player of amnesia which I got it on the last humble indie bundle, I'm on the sewer part but did all the progress (starting in the back room) with looking at walkthroughs, I don't really enjoy the game (or any other games) playing with walkthroughs, I feel like a *ss playing with it, after I find a monster or two, I get freakin' scared and go check the walkthrough for monsters locations and where to hide, but I want to play the game nice and without having to friggin' pause at every second to check the walkthrough :/

But as i'm a freakin' scared *ss, I always go back at it, I want some help to stop playing with walkthroughs, only go and play nicely Smile

Thanks for the help .o.
---
Edit: Forgive me if this is the wrong area for it
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2012, 12:49 AM by Gruntficator.)
08-21-2012, 12:43 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: How to play amnesia without walkthroughs?

It really depends on your tolerance for horror. Try to activate a monster (in the Sewer you'll be up against Brutes) and then just stare at it as it comes to kill you. Get a good look at its face. Once you die and respawn you'll be much less scared of it.

[Image: p229xcq]
08-21-2012, 12:49 AM
Find
Gruntficator Offline

Threads: 1

It's not really fear from the ugly monsters face and sounds, I just fear being catched, spotted or killed xD
08-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(08-21-2012, 12:54 AM)Gruntficator Wrote: It's not really fear from the ugly monsters face and sounds, I just fear being catched, spotted or killed xD

You may have arrived at the wrong forum. Most of us don't mind if you fear being catched, spotted or killed.

Er, in the game of course... in the game.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-21-2012, 01:06 AM
Website Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Basically just know you can just hide in dark corners from most monsters, and they won't be a big threat if you can hear them coming first

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-21-2012, 03:02 AM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

(08-21-2012, 12:54 AM)Gruntficator Wrote: It's not really fear from the ugly monsters face and sounds, I just fear being catched, spotted or killed xD
and you know what i hate?? respawn on a room with alot of BARRELS!!!!! when i see barrels i scream BARRELS!!! and start throwing them all around the room... trololoololol that happened to me in gary dark secrets,white night, amnesia:inmsonia,horrors from the past chapter 1,pewdie´s revenge,martin´s survival,father´s worst nightmare,lost the lights, aaaand amnesia:the dark descent at the living room.
@topic
i played amnesia so many times that i don´t get scared from the monsters anymore.....only when i´m running and i try to look behind me and IM BEING CHASED BY A GRUNT AND HE IS RIGHT BEHIND ME!!!when that happens i jump from my chair and scream AAAAHHH and i die '-'
P.S: i think the grunt is very cute =3
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2012, 03:13 AM by Gaviao.)
08-21-2012, 03:12 AM
Find
lolmaster Offline

Threads: 9

(08-21-2012, 03:12 AM)Gaviao Wrote:
and you know what i hate?? respawn on a room with alot of BARRELS!!!!! when i see barrels i scream BARRELS!!! and start throwing them all around the room... trololoololol that happened to me in gary dark secrets,white night, amnesia:inmsonia,horrors from the past chapter 1,pewdie´s revenge,martin´s survival,father´s worst nightmare,lost the lights, aaaand amnesia:the dark descent at the living room.
@topic
i played amnesia so many times that i don´t get scared from the monsters anymore.....only when i´m running and i try to look behind me and IM BEING CHASED BY A GRUNT AND HE IS RIGHT BEHIND ME!!!when that happens i jump from my chair and scream AAAAHHH and i die '-'
What? Do you even know what "trolling" means?

08-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

(08-21-2012, 03:15 AM)lolmaster Wrote:
@topic
[Image: DpC77.gif]
08-21-2012, 03:22 AM
Find
lolmaster Offline

Threads: 9

(08-21-2012, 03:22 AM)Gaviao Wrote:
(08-21-2012, 03:15 AM)lolmaster Wrote:
@topic
[Image: DpC77.gif]
I don't think interacting with in-game entities is considered trolling.

08-21-2012, 03:35 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

@topic
And* I* Respawn* a lot* When* And* don't* I'm* Amnesia: The Dark Descent* P.S.*

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-21-2012, 03:49 AM
Find