Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[REL] The Attic: Chapter 3
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49
[REL] The Attic: Chapter 3

The Attic: Chapter Three
Story:
Play the previous chapters. Wink

(DOWNLOAD ON LOWER PART OF POST)

Features:
Custom soundtrack
Custom Models
Custom Sound Effects
Custom Textures/Skyboxes
A great conclusion to the story. Smile

What other players have said:

"Fantastic! The hole story is so exciting Smile This custom story, is unlike others. Which means that this one is something special. -Tobydansk"

--

"Loved the atmosphere and buildup along with the storyline. Shame I ruined five pairs of boxers though Big Grin -liloldme30"

--

"I only give these 10/10 because there is no 11 rating -CidJo"

--

"This was beautifully done. Focuses on atmosphere and little scares to get you working. -squeedilyplays"

--

"Thank you sir, for creating this wonderful custom. Despite how short the parts were, I enjoyed it regardless. In the first part, at the beginning, i was feeling a sense of boredom by the simple -find key for the door- task. But then, I felt myself becoming immersed in the map. I was asking many questions to myself about the story plot, and finding the answers, which is a good feeling. A some points, where there was no noise but footsteps, the smashing of doors got to me, I almost leaped out of my chair once *chuckle* The sense of fear overcame me once and a while, I enjoy a good scare, but not cheesy pop ups of naked bodies flying at you, this horror was satisfying and well placed. Once i found the potion, I was a bit confused on what happened after though.
This brings me to chapter 2, as soon as i stepped into that village the sense of fear overcame me again. Finding myself rummaging through houses was becoming a repetitive task, but there was something of use in each house. After finding nothing but a note, oil, health, and sanity potions, i came across the town hall. I had to find a key at the end of a pathway. After being chased by two monsters, some boxes down the path exploded out and made a large noise that freaked me out to the point of falling out of my chair. I came back up laughing. After finding the key and entering the town hall, I've got a feeling I've never had before playing amnesia: happiness. The music, the brightly lit room, even despite the corpse and finding out your mother was murdered, i still felt happy. Bravo sir, for creating that wonderful atmosphere. After exiting the room, exploring the underground and sewers, and getting the hell away from there, and seeing the credits, i found myself clapping my hands.
I cannot wait for chapter 3, i congratulate you sir, for creating a map better than the actual game itself. Excellent story and puzzles, 10/10, good job sir, i cannot wait to find more content from you, congratulations. -Smoothice"

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Download

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2012, 03:22 AM by JetlinerX.)
08-22-2012, 03:06 AM
Website Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3
RE: [REL] The Attic: Chapter 3

i´m going to play it... wow 119 MB '-'
08-22-2012, 05:36 AM
Find
jakerty Offline

Threads: 0

YES! Another attic chapter Big Grin Gonna try it right away.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2012, 08:02 AM by jakerty.)
08-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Find
JMFStorm Offline

Threads: 8

(08-22-2012, 05:36 AM)Gaviao Wrote: i´m going to play it... wow 119 MB '-'
Yes, it's really amazing. Cache files take 55% of the file size. Before releasing the mod they should be deleted for much more optimized download time.

08-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Sorry, we forgot about that. :3

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

08-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Website Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

I finally played it. It was pretty interesting and nice story however..

My honest critic feedback:

Spoiler below!
First two maps was great and atmosphere was really good, ambient sounds, scary noises really creepy starting then it becomes better and something different level design.. I feeled that atmosphere and experience when I walked through the cellar deeper and deeper. After I was back at the "Attic place and my home I was terrified"

It was good comeback idea. But then.. immersion breaks because there is just not "Amazing final big script happenings chases etc.

I was disappointed by the ending and it ends so quickly it was just way too rushed ending and not some originality used and I didn't like it.

Overall whole three chapters make's sense and fits together it was great ride, but spending a little more time this custom story can be improved much better.

By the way it was that good still that i want play "The attic FULL" version soon. Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
08-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

i just played this story, and i cannot be assed to write down the things wrong with this, so i wont. for short, to be honest, this was so over-rated, its foul. i do, however, hope your skills improve furthermore in the future, and i wish you all the best through your learning process of source & cryengine.

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2012, 05:27 PM by Mine Turtle.)
08-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Find
JMFStorm Offline

Threads: 8

Starting was great, but maps weren't so good anymore in the end. But it was still fun to play through and I think thats always the most important thing.

08-22-2012, 06:40 PM
Find
ZyLogicX Offline

Threads: 24

I will find you if I see that closet jumping scare from Chapter 2.

Beyond the Mountains of Madness [15%]
This forum is dying.
08-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

(08-22-2012, 10:49 PM)ZyLogicX Wrote: I will find you if I see that closet jumping scare from Chapter 2.

Rest assured there is nothing close to that Wink

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

08-22-2012, 11:20 PM
Website Find