Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[REL] The Attic: Chapter 3
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: [REL] The Attic: Chapter 3

Why add quotes of forum members and YouTube LPer's I've never heard of as some sort of credential for your mod? At the very least get positive quotes from more well known people, not that there opinions of a mod mean much anyway.

I rate it 3 memes.
08-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Find
Gaviao Offline

Threads: 3

i played it,
Spoiler below!
the jumpscare when the body desapears and appears behind you scared tahell out of me!!!, also, good maping,scripting and atmosphere, 9/10!!!!
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 03:11 AM by Gaviao.)
08-23-2012, 03:02 AM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

(08-23-2012, 01:26 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Why add quotes of forum members and YouTube LPer's I've never heard of as some sort of credential for your mod? At the very least get positive quotes from more well known people, not that there opinions of a mod mean much anyway.

Just because those people dont mean anything to you, doesnt mean their feedback is un-important. Feedback is important for everyone, and providing reviews on the download page offers other players a view at what people think. This is one of the most frustrating posts I've ever read. How can you be so closed minded? Just because they aren't someone who gets paid by YouTube, or doesnt have a well known name, their suddenly less credible? There are no words to describe my distaste for what you said.

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

08-23-2012, 04:52 AM
Website Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

(08-23-2012, 04:52 AM)JetlinerX Wrote: Just because those people dont mean anything to you, doesnt mean their feedback is un-important. Feedback is important for everyone, and providing reviews on the download page offers other players a view at what people think. This is one of the most frustrating posts I've ever read. How can you be so closed minded? Just because they aren't someone who gets paid by YouTube, or doesnt have a well known name, their suddenly less credible? There are no words to describe my distaste for what you said.
I'm sorry you find my previous comment so "distasteful", it's just a huge pet peeve of mine. In my eyes it's like a big time game developer releasing something, then in an ad or something throwing in:

"Omg this is the best game ever!!1!" - My neighbor Jim from down the street.

If IGN said something like that, it would have a much bigger impact than someone most gamer's have never heard of. It just feels sort of gimmicky to me, not that I have anything against the reviews of those fine members/YouTube, it just shouldn't be the headline for your mod; let your mod speak for itself!

I'm not here to start a flame war, I just voiced my opinion. If you wish to interpret it as close-minded or hateful, so be it; there is nothing more I can do. I wish you the best of luck in future modding endeavors! Tongue

I rate it 3 memes.
08-23-2012, 05:16 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Uhhh, yeah I'm gonna have to agree with Andy on this one. In all honest I've found that people on Moddb tend to have possibly the lowest standards humanly possible and will label literally anything as "the best thing ever". Even putting that aside, if someone wanted to see what others thought of it they could have spent two seconds scrolling down and reading the rest of the posts in the thread or just have gone to Moddb and read the reviews. Think about it like this though, you have 5 random people that you know absolutely nothing about tell you that a game they just played is amazing. For all you know those 5 people could be CoD obsessed 12 year old kids that think that what makes a game good is the graphics. I'm not saying feedback is bad, in fact it's very good, but just putting up random people's opinion of the mod isn't really going to make someone want to play it more.

EDIT: GODDAMMIT ANDY YOU BEAT ME TO IT.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 05:18 AM by Kman.)
08-23-2012, 05:16 AM
Website Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

(08-23-2012, 05:16 AM)Kman Wrote: EDIT: GODDAMMIT ANDY YOU BEAT ME TO IT.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNdE-ni5OrbkLO05zuekg...wwX4KcN0Ow]

I rate it 3 memes.
08-23-2012, 05:18 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Well the lighting was fine so I guess it's K.

Posting Freak
08-23-2012, 05:19 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I'm rolling with Andy and Kman on this one. When I went here to see this thing, and only saw quotes from random people, I just thought, "Oh. Okay.." They may be great to you, but they mean nothing to almost all of us. We don't know these people. In fact, I don't care for what they said because I feel quite the opposite. They could have been from your mom for all I know. All I've seen in this "CS series" was mapping errors, unnatural lighting in areas, bugs, and hell... I don't even get the story. You constantly bumped your development thread for practically every estimated 5% more you completed, just to say "We're at --% now." like you wanted to keep it on page 1 at all times. I feel you guys rush this series, and I honestly STILL don't get the hype... I suppose people nowadays are getting easier and easier to please. To the point where if things like this are getting the praise that they do, why the hell should I spend a month's time in total just modelling an entire single level for our team's project? Why should I fork out all this effort if things like this and House of Creep and all these other haphazard Custom Stories get higher rates when stories who deserve to remain on the charts such as Through the Portal, White Night, Insomnia, The Machine, Icarus, Hidden (WIP), etc, struggle to even make the first or second page? You slap stories in the face with this, flaunting it like it's a whole new game. All I saw was the average custom story made nowadays. Something made just to have it done. I saw miscellaneous primitives lying around, stretching decals, poor lighting. I just don't get it.

You and another "team" in this forum act like your stories are high class and it almost insults me. You're supposed to make these for fun. Modding is an artistic let-out; a place to develop skills for entering the real game industry. You are not in big leagues. You are merely playing stickball in a neighborhood baseball field. So get your head out of your asses, and take a kick in it every once in awhile. If you plan to go to Source (which will still be modding unless you work with Valve), or CryEngine, prepare to actually get REAL ratings. Because if you continue to put out minimal effort like you do with this series, you're not going to be happy in the real world. I thought you learned to take criticism, but it turns out I was wrong. If you actually care about your projects, perhaps the audience will too.

I'm done with these little "groups" making facebook pages for Amnesia Custom Stories. I'm done with the "Studio/Games" bullshit given when someone creates a MODDING TEAM. I'd wish you good luck but you're going to need more than luck to make this a living for yourself.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 05:48 AM by Statyk.)
08-23-2012, 05:46 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Statyk, wanna be the first to join my modding group?

It's called AR Studios Company Inc. Incorporated & Friends after dark Studios & Co. Idk how do modding, but I has good ideaz an can tel evry1 else wat to do!

I rate it 3 memes.
08-23-2012, 05:51 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(08-23-2012, 05:51 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Statyk, wanna be the first to join my modding group?

It's called AR Studios Company Inc. Incorporated & Friends after dark Studios & Co. Idk how do modding, but I has good ideaz an can tel evry1 else wat to do!
I don't this that has enough business related titles. I can't join. I can only take it seriously when you're a business working on Amnesia mods.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 05:53 AM by Statyk.)
08-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Find