Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[REL] The Attic: Chapter 3
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49
RE: [REL] The Attic: Chapter 3

Statyc -

You know, I'm not real sure why you started to turn your sights on me, but ever since I joined the forum, NOT EVEN WITH A CUSTOM STORY, you fucked with me. I seriously dont understand, but thats besides the point, allow me to address you, because you are VERY wrong in everything you said.

I'm glad you are able to see all the things wrong with our CS, maybe if you took the time to enjoy something, rather than nit picking it for all the faults, you may actually enjoy the stories this community makes as a HOBBY. Nobody claimed to be big shots, especially not me. We made a custom story, our first one ever at that and it struck gold. Why? We still dont know to this day, but why are you blaming us for that? You really think we hold ourselves higher than everyone else just because we have a high rating? Well you are very wrong. I am moving to Source, and CryEngine, becuase they have a 10x better community. This one is filled with dick wads like you who just attack any user for anything you can get your hands on, and it's time a modding community apreciates the work, and art (like you said they were) that people put hard work into. Sure, we dont have fancy custom models, animations, and shit like that, and sure White Night, Insomnia etc DO! But when did we ever go around saying: HEY EVERYONE! PLAY UNORIGIONAL, DEFAULT CUSTOM STORIES LIKE OURS, AND NOT THESE CRAPPY FULL CONVERSIONS! Never! It really is true that people hate popularity. Just because we struck gold, and you didnt, you decide it's our fault your content failed. How about actually looking at your content instead of blaming others, I'm sure you will find an answer there, as I have many times. Maybe you cant find it, and in that case, look how friendly of a guy you are. People are attracted to good developers, who spend time with the community, not only that, but are nice to them. If Valve was a bunch of douche bags, would there be many people who still wanted their game? Probably not! So take a look at your posts, they say a lot about you. They definitely tell me I would never want to meet you in real life. I bumped the topic because we had a fan base who cared. If nobody cared about the custom story, there would be two posts. In progress, and released. But people want to know how far along we are, what we are doing, etc. and thus I made updates for them. Again, dont blame us for being popular, we did nothing but create a custom story, that went better than expected. I feel that we rush these too, but that is an argument best left between myself, and my co-dev, as we debate this all the time. To me, it looks like we have a HIGHLY caring audience, so based on your formula, we have great care for our CS. So thank you for the complement in this endless sea of assholeyness.

Finally, you claim I'm gona need some luck to be successful? How about this big shot:

1. I own my own very successful video marketing company making national television commercials.
2. I am double majoring in technical communication, and video production.
and
3. I work a full time job.

Look me in the eye, and tell my I am unsuccessful.

You are the one spending your time moderating the forum, as a user, and not even a figure of authority. You may be the one who needs to take a look at what being successful means.

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

08-23-2012, 07:13 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

WARNING: MULTIPLE WALLS OF VERY ANGRY TEXT INCOMING

Posting Freak
08-23-2012, 07:17 AM
Website Find
triadtimes Offline

Threads: 16

(08-23-2012, 07:13 AM)JetlinerX Wrote: 1. I own my own very successful video marketing company making national television commercials.
2. I am double majoring in technical communication, and video production.
and
3. I work a full time job.
4. I'm beginning to ramble.

08-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

^^^^^^
(08-23-2012, 07:13 AM)JetlinerX Wrote: becuase they have a 10x better community. This one is filled with dick wads like you who just attack any user for anything you can get your hands on

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

(This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 07:27 AM by JetlinerX.)
08-23-2012, 07:26 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I don't think you got the joke.

Posting Freak
08-23-2012, 08:37 AM
Website Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Off-Topic Post incoming!

This thread amuses me. Why?
[Image: c01d7833-3032-4453-a1ee-46b431014054.jpg]
Oh, internet arguments. I love you.

08-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(08-23-2012, 10:22 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote: Off-Topic Post incoming!

This thread amuses me. Why?
[Image: c01d7833-3032-4453-a1ee-46b431014054.jpg]
Oh, internet arguments. I love you.
Now I know you're here for a reason.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Website Find
seth1466 Offline

Threads: 4

To all out there we never intended to say this was a "high class" or ever better then any of the ones you created. We released this to the public in hope they would see it as "just another good custom story" and mabye have a few people LP it. JetlinerX did not intend to say it so either. We appreciate the reviews we get, especially when they tell us what to fix/do better. Creating a custom story isn't easy in its own right. Some people here who play these custom stories have never created one, so they usually don't understand the effort gone into them. Whenever I see a custom story I dislike, I tell them what to improve, and usually how to do it. We never insulted anyone with this, and we never plan to do so.

-Seth1466

The Attic ModDB
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 01:25 PM by seth1466.)
08-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Website Find
Mine Turtle Offline

Threads: 32

(08-23-2012, 07:26 AM)JetlinerX Wrote: ^^^^^^
(08-23-2012, 07:13 AM)JetlinerX Wrote: becuase they have a 10x better community. This one is filled with dick wads like you who just attack any user for anything you can get your hands on
you are the smugest, most childish, "professional", smart mouthed person i have ever met. GOOD RIDDANCE.

(08-23-2012, 01:25 PM)seth1466 Wrote: To all out there we never intended to say this was a "high class" or ever better then any of the ones you created. We released this to the public in hope they would see it as "just another good custom story" and mabye have a few people LP it. JetlinerX did not intend to say it so either. We appreciate the reviews we get, especially when they tell us what to fix/do better. Creating a custom story isn't easy in its own right. Some people here who play these custom stories have never created one, so they usually don't understand the effort gone into them. Whenever I see a custom story I dislike, I tell them what to improve, and usually how to do it. We never insulted anyone with this, and we never plan to do so.
and to you, i say that youre handling this better than your friend. however, please tell him to get an attitude check.

[Image: 201107142327000.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 01:37 PM by Mine Turtle.)
08-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

It's true that now these days peoples don't like average stories like a maded by one or two monts it's just not enough. It has to be too awesome and always like a "Full conversion with your own models, textures etc" this is just my opinion.

I don't have any of these and I'm not changing my way I like making always stories only using Amnesia original textures everyone has their own way making these stories other makes cheap ones not spending any time then others spend like a year. That's it. Don't make it's a big number if this story is not what you dreamed or expected more better. I like it, but it's not masterpiece or something like that.

I just feel Kman, darkadders, Statyk and many other peoples are now looking something really big and highly-detailed stories / mods. There are too many cheap stories out there and I'm their side too in this one.

Calm down Jet everybody is a little jerk sometimes and have bad days. This community is not perfect, but it's not bad either.

ps: "RED ALERT grammar errors in this writing Arrrgh" lol Big Grin

“Life is a game, play it”
08-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Find