Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Help Help with scripting an amnesia custom story
Skullcapy Offline

Threads: 1
Help with scripting an amnesia custom story

Hello. I'm planning to make a custom story but I have some trouble with the scripting. I'm wondering if someone can help me with scripting, maybe teach me a bit or do all the scripting by him/her self.
I'll add you to the credit(of course). I'll build the maps.
I'm also not sure if its the right place to post it but whatever. If not then tell me please.
Thank you.
The story is called "Adam's Insomnia".
Your name is Adam and the year is 1684 in Berlin,Germany. There were a lot of mysterious disappearances for the past month.One day your father went to hunt animals to bring some food to the poor family, But that day he didn't came back. The police investigated but found nothing and declared the case is closed. You're not satisfied and went to the forest to investigate and find your father. You find a castle and go inside.You find out that there is much more than a regular disappearance.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2012, 05:15 PM by Skullcapy.)
08-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Find
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Help with scripting an amnesia custom story

hey :)
did you already tried to script something yourself, what were your problems?
i would recommend to learn a bit about scripting, it's not that difficult.
just have a look in the wiki, maybe that helps you. if text-tutorials just confuse you instead of helping,
maybe the tutorial series from "your computer" can help you.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-10798.html

when you get question about it, just ask.
if you don't have the motivation/time to learn it, you can ask for a scripter, as you already did.
but always remeber, it's a lot of work, and not everyone has so much time.

and as i already wrote in another thread, in can be helpful, to write a bit about your project. when scripters do this for free, just to help you and your custom story, they also want to see results. it's really bad, to do all that work, and then the project stucks and you did everything for nothing. so, maybe you can tell a bit about your cs, so we see, it's not just a little idea of making a CS, that you really want to make a complete CS. maybe then, you get a few interested scripters ;)

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
08-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Find
Skullcapy Offline

(08-25-2012, 03:45 PM)johnbox Wrote: hey Smile
did you already tried to script something yourself, what were your problems?
i would recommend to learn a bit about scripting, it's not that difficult.
just have a look in the wiki, maybe that helps you. if text-tutorials just confuse you instead of helping,
maybe the tutorial series from "your computer" can help you.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-10798.html

when you get question about it, just ask.
if you don't have the motivation/time to learn it, you can ask for a scripter, as you already did.
but always remeber, it's a lot of work, and not everyone has so much time.

and as i already wrote in another thread, in can be helpful, to write a bit about your project. when scripters do this for free, just to help you and your custom story, they also want to see results. it's really bad, to do all that work, and then the project stucks and you did everything for nothing. so, maybe you can tell a bit about your cs, so we see, it's not just a little idea of making a CS, that you really want to make a complete CS. maybe then, you get a few interested scripters Wink
Thank you for the info Smile
I added the plot tell me what you think?
08-25-2012, 05:16 PM
Find
johnbox Offline

mh, not bad. if you build up a good storyline after you entered the castle, do a nice lvldesign and don't add naked guys, this could be exciting to play ;)
did the tutorials help you?
i would help you with the scripting, but i'm working on my own full-conversion mod, i alreay help another CS, there's also school, which is a lot of work this year and my lovely reallife, so i can't help you scripting your whole story.u maybe someone else here is interested and can help you :)

have a nice day ;)

08-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Find
Skullcapy Offline

(08-25-2012, 05:26 PM)johnbox Wrote: mh, not bad. if you build up a good storyline after you entered the castle, do a nice lvldesign and don't add naked guys, this could be exciting to play Wink
i would help you with the scripting, but i'm working on my own full-conversion mod, i alreay help another CS, there's also school, which is a lot of work this year and my lovely reallife, so i can't help you scripting your whole story.u maybe someone else here is interested and can help you Smile

have a nice day Wink
I already decided that there will be no jump scares with naked guys....And I'm still writing the plot.I won't write it all here....NO SPOILERS!
So if somebody is going to help me of curse i'm going to share it with him/her.
I haven't watched them yet but i'm going to watch them later.
I understand if you can't help me. I don't have too much time for myself either....Thank you for everything Smile
08-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Find
johnbox Offline

(08-25-2012, 06:12 PM)Skullcapy Wrote:
(08-25-2012, 05:26 PM)johnbox Wrote: mh, not bad. if you build up a good storyline after you entered the castle, do a nice lvldesign and don't add naked guys, this could be exciting to play ;)
i would help you with the scripting, but i'm working on my own full-conversion mod, i alreay help another CS, there's also school, which is a lot of work this year and my lovely reallife, so i can't help you scripting your whole story.u maybe someone else here is interested and can help you :)

have a nice day ;)
I already decided that there will be no jump scares with naked guys....And I'm still writing the plot.I won't write it all here....NO SPOILERS!
So if somebody is going to help me of curse i'm going to share it with him/her.
I haven't watched them yet but i'm going to watch them later.
I understand if you can't help me. I don't have too much time for myself either....Thank you for everything :)

fine, you're welcome. if you have questions, feel free to write me a pm or just ask it here. ;)

08-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Find
JacobARF Offline

I'd be more than happy to help you!
12-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Find