Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(Custom Story) THE SEED
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24
(Custom Story) THE SEED

Well, i've been working in this custom story for some time and i would like to show you guys a preview of it. ( it will probally be ready next month, since i'm the only one working on it).

The name of the Custom Story is " The Seed ", and it will tell the story of Ludwig Thornwell, a young geologist who make a travel into the lands of a respected noble, Mr. Wikhenlhen.

Wikhenlhen's lands have began to die, becoming very infertile and releasing a strange fog, and it's up to Ludwig to find the reason.

- The structure of the castle is realistic (For example, the castle from outside has the same size from the inside)

- No flying naked guys

- The story will have two paths and each path will complete the story partially, so you will have to take both in order to know all the story

- Custom Soundtrack

- There will be no " You find yourself in a misterious place and don't remember anything but you know that there's something following you bla bla bla "

Here are some screens:

[Image: The_Seed.jpg]

[Image: The_Seed2.jpg]

[Image: The_Seed4.jpg]

[Image: The_Seed3.jpg]

Thank you for reading. I'm working really hard on it, and it should be ready soon. I will make another thread when it's done, so if you're interested, don't worry.

08-28-2012, 01:25 AM
Find
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5
RE: (Custom Story) THE SEED

looks good so far. i can't tell much about your story, but it could get interesting. obviously depends on what's happening in the castle, we will see ;)
the third screen... at the middle of the building, you have those windows. it looks a bit strange, seeing the changing of the bricksize. maybe you can find a way to change that, except you wanted it like this. also the fourth one has one weird thing. i'm not sure, if the model is just too high on the map, or it's made like this, but the stairs are looking a bit too high >.>
good luck finishing it,

have a nice day ;)

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2012, 01:42 AM by johnbox.)
08-28-2012, 01:41 AM
Find
str4wberrypanic Offline

Thank you for the reply. ^^

About the bricks, i've made this way because of the door frame (amnesia haven't released much material to build a castle...)

And... there's no stairs in here. o__o

08-28-2012, 01:47 AM
Find
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5

(08-28-2012, 01:47 AM)str4wberrypanic Wrote: Thank you for the reply. ^^

About the bricks, i've made this way because of the door frame (amnesia haven't released much material to build a castle...)

And... there's no stairs in here. o__o
youre welcome. thought that, nevermind.
there are stairs :o at the house in the front you see that. i just thought, that maybe those houses are supposed to be a bit deeper, so that fits.
but wait... are the houses even single objects? :o i never used the outdoor-stuff from amnesia :x

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
08-28-2012, 01:55 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(08-28-2012, 01:55 AM)johnbox Wrote:
(08-28-2012, 01:47 AM)str4wberrypanic Wrote: About the bricks, i've made this way because of the door frame (amnesia haven't released much material to build a castle...)
youre welcome. thought that, nevermind.
there are stairs :o at the house in the front you see that. i just thought, that maybe those houses are supposed to be a bit deeper, so that fits.
but wait... are the houses even single objects? :o i never used the outdoor-stuff from amnesia :x
In regards to the bricks, it's understandable that you would do this. You can create your own shapes and such if you're super, super, super patient with planes. Kman has actually created a barn made entirely of planes. It takes a lot of time and effort, however.

In regards to the houses, they're supposed to be put a little bit into the ground, as opposed to on top of it. The bottom stair of the step shouldn't be too high off of the ground.

08-28-2012, 03:50 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Eh, the mapping could use some work.
08-28-2012, 03:59 AM
Find
str4wberrypanic Offline

I didn't notice the stair thing... -.-
I will fix that soon, don't worry.

And yes, the ground isn't colliding, don't worry about that. :3

The story will be release as soon as i finish the remaining 6 maps. Thank you for all the replies. :3

08-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Find