Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Demo trouble
Alex3051 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Demo trouble

I recently discovered the Penumbra series and really wanted to try them out, Black Plague especially. But when I downloaded the Black Plague demo download from the Frictional Games site, I encountered a problem. When I tried to play the tutorial and the game itself, I couldn't see anything but a white screen. I know there's supposed to be a contrast so you can see the ground, but this didn't happen. Nor could I see the box that drops in the tutorial for you to interact with.

The same thing happened when I downloaded the demo for Overture. The game would load up just fine, it would go through the story scenes just fine, and then....white screen. Couldn't see anything. Little icons would come up, and I could interact with an apparently locked door, but I couldn't see any of the environment. Please help! I really want to play these games Sad
08-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Demo trouble

you have an Intel HD card which does not support the Penumbra series due to bad intel drivers. In order to make it more playable you must disable Blur I think from video settings.
08-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Find