Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Sell Amnesia as a hardware?
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Sell Amnesia as a hardware?

(08-28-2012, 08:39 PM)the dark side Wrote: my info is out of date then! thanks for the update bridge!
No problem. I don't know that much about cryptology (want to, though!) so all my info is from Googling a bit (Bank of America in FL, Amazon.com FAQ, the website I linked). Isn't it an interesting field though?
08-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

Indeed it is, it certainly Fires up my imagination, especially when you consider a lot of the art of cryptology was created during the dark days of the cold war, and with the advent of the computer internet coming in the 1980's, it makes you wonder how much of the encryption tech we use now is ex secret service...and how easy it may be for "the other side" to get the key...

its also amazing, almost scary even, at how easy most home encryptions, such as firewalls can be cracked, less than a week for a newbie, and how horrifically low the encryption levels must be at many western government institutions (only way to explain how that swein assange got all that data!)

an inspring feild for anyone with a "thriller writers" imagination for sure! its also great for seeing how the electronic communications that we all rely on know acutally work, how they can be manipulated, and how we can protect ourselves, by having counter-knowledge, against hackers and the ever growing threat of e-trolls.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2012, 09:13 PM by the dark side.)
08-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

I found my copy at Fries, if you're living in the US.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
08-29-2012, 04:43 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-28-2012, 09:10 PM)the dark side Wrote: Indeed it is, it certainly Fires up my imagination, especially when you consider a lot of the art of cryptology was created during the dark days of the cold war, and with the advent of the computer internet coming in the 1980's, it makes you wonder how much of the encryption tech we use now is ex secret service...and how easy it may be for "the other side" to get the key...

its also amazing, almost scary even, at how easy most home encryptions, such as firewalls can be cracked, less than a week for a newbie, and how horrifically low the encryption levels must be at many western government institutions (only way to explain how that swein assange got all that data!)

an inspring feild for anyone with a "thriller writers" imagination for sure! its also great for seeing how the electronic communications that we all rely on know acutally work, how they can be manipulated, and how we can protect ourselves, by having counter-knowledge, against hackers and the ever growing threat of e-trolls.
If you're interested in being more secure in general, I recommend reading this sheet from the NSA official website. There are some great tips in there that will keep away novices and impatient people. A determined hacker, though, can break into anything of course, so in general it's probably a good idea to avoid of keeping important information unencrypted on your harddrive.
08-29-2012, 04:25 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

thanks bridge, good reading, indeed, i never keep anything too important on the hardrive, i use encrypted USB. somethin i recommend to everybody. they cant hack what isnt there.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2012, 08:36 PM by the dark side.)
08-29-2012, 08:35 PM
Find