Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Quick peek at my new custom story
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38
Video  Quick peek at my new custom story

here's a video of mine where I show you guys a small part of my custom story. (the first 2 maps) not completely and all inclusive because I have to keep things interesting eh? Wink

(its only the first couple of minutes, the rest isn't really that relevant)

Remember, this video is only to get a quick picture of the style I'm using!
It needs more detail, and it needs more attention just like zaffre and traggey said.

Thanks for always helping me out Frictional Games forum!

Smokem out.

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2012, 10:57 AM by Melvin.)
08-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Website Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
RE: Quick peek at my new custom story

ಠ_ಠ

Sorry, but the construction is very poorly done. There are no door frames at some points (even with no door, it makes it look better), and there are glitched items. I'm wondering if you've even seen a tutorial or used the "Create on surface" function.

Not usually this harsh, but I don't want to see another Skashi.

tl;dr
Spoiler below!
[Image: pd3MM.jpg]

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2012, 09:20 PM by Zaffre.)
08-29-2012, 12:08 AM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

Sorry but what do you mean ''my own game''...? It's just a custom story.

But yeah I agree with Zaffre, the mapping looks very poor, needs more attention to detail and the objects needs to be used properly.
08-29-2012, 01:04 AM
Find
Melvin Offline

(08-29-2012, 01:04 AM)Traggey Wrote: Sorry but what do you mean ''my own game''...? It's just a custom story.

But yeah I agree with Zaffre, the mapping looks very poor, needs more attention to detail and the objects needs to be used properly.
Hi, yea I meant my own story. I could've cut it out but I decided to let it be. I don't know if you noticed but I already fixed it with annotations. I said lots of things need to be fixed, and I agree, the first map looks awful. Its because I've made that map and the rest roughly, I'm planning on adding more detail once everything's done (Like the doorways or the walls that collide into eachother more fill ups so it won't look empty, more things that make sense).

I am aware of all of that. In the end, it'll be good I promise Smile

(08-29-2012, 12:08 AM)Zaffre Wrote: ಠ_ಠ

Sorry, but the construction is very poorly done. There are no door frames at some points (even with no door, it makes it look better), and there are glitched items. I'm wondering if you've even seen a tutorial or used the "Create on surface" function.

Hi, I can only say the same thing I said to Traggey. I know the construction sucks, I was planning on fixing that. the rest of the maps are descent, you'll see once my custom story comes out. So pls don't judge before playing it.

And what is this ''Skashi'' you're talking about?

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2012, 10:54 AM by Melvin.)
08-29-2012, 10:51 AM
Website Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74

Skashi is/was(?) a forum member that did maps which most of the forum hated.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
08-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(08-29-2012, 02:15 PM)i3670 Wrote: Skashi is/was(?) a forum member that did maps which most of the forum hated.
He is away.

Return date: Unknown.

And that's not me talking, it is on his profile (I checked yesterday)

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Website Find
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5

hey, i agree with traggey and zaffre, beside the mapping issues, all the maps are really big, aaand empty. that's probably just because it's still unfinished, but as traggey said, you need much more detail. at the moment, you'vr just a lot of walls and planes, and your hotel has no "character", it looks like a lifeless model. also in the beginning, this light is weird. you have nearly no sources, but for amnesia, it's reall bright. that also causes very hard edges at the bottom/top. if you just did it for the video, excuse me. maybe you will fix all of this, then your CS has potential to get interesting.
(08-29-2012, 10:51 AM)SmokeMelvin Wrote: Hi, I can only say the same thing I said to Traggey. I know the construction sucks, I was planning on fixing that. the rest of the maps are descent, you'll see once my custom story comes out. So pls don't judge before playing it.
what else should we do after watching the video? aren't you interested in feedback? Wink

have a nice day Smile

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
08-29-2012, 02:56 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

(08-29-2012, 02:56 PM)johnbox Wrote: hey, i agree with traggey and zaffre, beside the mapping issues, all the maps are really big, aaand empty. that's probably just because it's still unfinished, but as traggey said, you need much more detail. at the moment, you'vr just a lot of walls and planes, and your hotel has no "character", it looks like a lifeless model. also in the beginning, this light is weird. you have nearly no sources, but for amnesia, it's reall bright. that also causes very hard edges at the bottom/top. if you just did it for the video, excuse me. maybe you will fix all of this, then your CS has potential to get interesting.
(08-29-2012, 10:51 AM)SmokeMelvin Wrote: Hi, I can only say the same thing I said to Traggey. I know the construction sucks, I was planning on fixing that. the rest of the maps are descent, you'll see once my custom story comes out. So pls don't judge before playing it.
what else should we do after watching the video? aren't you interested in feedback? Wink

have a nice day Smile
Hi Big Grin
Yea I am interested in feedback, but don't say like, this is going to be another (input bad custom story here) because I am putting my all in this little project.

You too have a nice day

08-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Website Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

(08-29-2012, 10:51 AM)SmokeMelvin Wrote:
(08-29-2012, 01:04 AM)Traggey Wrote: Sorry but what do you mean ''my own game''...? It's just a custom story.

Hi, yea I meant my own story. I could've cut it out but I decided to let it be. I don't know if you noticed but I already fixed it with annotations. I said lots of things need to be fixed, and I agree, the first map looks awful. Its because I've made that map and the rest roughly, I'm planning on adding more detail once everything's done (Like the doorways or the walls that collide into eachother more fill ups so it won't look empty, more things that make sense).

I am aware of all of that. In the end, it'll be good I promise Smile

(08-29-2012, 12:08 AM)Zaffre Wrote: ಠ_ಠ

Hi, I can only say the same thing I said to Traggey. I know the construction sucks, I was planning on fixing that. the rest of the maps are descent, you'll see once my custom story comes out. So pls don't judge before playing it.

And what is this ''Skashi'' you're talking about?
Skashi makes jumpscare stories. Very poorly made, and cheap scares. Search up House of Creep for instance.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
08-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Find