Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Has Anyone Else Noticed This?
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Has Anyone Else Noticed This?

(08-31-2012, 12:40 AM)Zaffre Wrote:
(08-31-2012, 12:38 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote: Saying that the more active users are supreme is a bit much. Just because you talk a lot, doesn't mean that you know your stuff and deserve to lord over people.

Most newbies are probably scared because of the elitist mindset we have here. Though, we do praise the good stuff that had a lot of effort poured into it. I have mixed feelings on this.
Like the art I made, which had a ton of effort put into it and five minutes was totally not how long it took.
[Image: pztUd.png]
[/sarcasm]
See, this is better than plenty of the shit that exists cause it has a hiding spot.
08-31-2012, 12:46 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Hey guys, anyone mind if I poured my relevant problems on this thread?

This forum's close-knit community is definitely one of the things that attracted me here. Sure, as a newcomer, it might take a while to adapt and get recognized, but it's much, much better than what I encountered in the past, something that I can only describe as a "newfag" revolution. I was an oldie on this other forum (Wild Shadow, if anyone's ever heard of it) with a pretty high reputation until newcomers started migrating in and completely took over. I get annoyed to no end when new users come to a community and start acting like they own the place by judging all the older users and relentlessly refusing to listen to the oldies on what posts are good and which are bad (the mods couldn't do anything on that forum because none of them were breaking any rules). I had been lurking on FG forums for a while now and registered on the day that I got sick of my old forum.

With a more close-knit community, such "newcomer revolutions" aren't possible. There's no need to explain what is a quality post and what isn't, and if a newcomer barges into here and makes low quality posts, the authority of the oldies is enough to convince them to stop being so arrogant.

[Image: p229xcq]
08-31-2012, 12:51 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Oho, you don't know close knit until you've been through what I've been through at this lovely place:

http://www.deletionquality.net

By all means, I welcome you to join. I have five years under my belt at this place.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2012, 12:57 AM by Kreekakon.)
08-31-2012, 12:55 AM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

(08-31-2012, 12:46 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(08-31-2012, 12:40 AM)Zaffre Wrote:
(08-31-2012, 12:38 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote: Saying that the more active users are supreme is a bit much. Just because you talk a lot, doesn't mean that you know your stuff and deserve to lord over people.

Most newbies are probably scared because of the elitist mindset we have here. Though, we do praise the good stuff that had a lot of effort poured into it. I have mixed feelings on this.
Like the art I made, which had a ton of effort put into it and five minutes was totally not how long it took.
[Image: pztUd.png]
[/sarcasm]
See, this is better than plenty of the shit that exists cause it has a hiding spot.
Maybe. But this is what you'd usually see.
[Image: 8DHNR.png]
The top says "Sub to xpewdiefanx on YouTube.
The guy is screaming barrels.
There's a flying jesus in his CS with the word "scary" written there.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot brofist written everywhere.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2012, 12:57 AM by Zaffre.)
08-31-2012, 12:56 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

I'd be scared too if I saw Jesus with six arms.
08-31-2012, 12:59 AM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

(08-31-2012, 12:59 AM)Kreekakon Wrote: I'd be scared too if I saw Jesus with six arms.
It's a Jesus with very very poorly drawn wings, representing that he's flying. See, PewDiePie fans are so bad at drawing you can't tell what anything is besides the poorly drawn storage barrels and arabic statues referred to as "Stephano".

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
08-31-2012, 01:00 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

(08-31-2012, 01:00 AM)Zaffre Wrote: See, PewDiePie fans are so bad at drawing you can't tell what anything is besides the poorly drawn storage barrels and arabic statues referred to as "Stephano".
That's actually a bit of an over-statement there...

Where do you think Pewdie gets all the awesome cover artwork/intro artwork for all his videos? There are some pretty talented people there.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2012, 01:06 AM by Kreekakon.)
08-31-2012, 01:04 AM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

(08-31-2012, 01:04 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(08-31-2012, 01:00 AM)Zaffre Wrote: See, PewDiePie fans are so bad at drawing you can't tell what anything is besides the poorly drawn storage barrels and arabic statues referred to as "Stephano".
That's actually a bit of a over-statement there...

Where do you think Pewdie gets all the awesome cover artwork/intro artwork for all his videos? There are some pretty talented people there.
I think you're referring to his normal fans. The drawing I made was representing a PewDiePie fanboy drawing. You know, if you say something negative about PewDiePie they bash and flame you, they spam barrels and statues in their jumpscare custom stories, etc.

I'm totally fine with the normal people that like his videos, just not the fanboys. For instance, look at this guy. His channel background is a looped drawing of a very poorly created scene depicting PewDiePie asking Stephano to protect him.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2012, 01:11 AM by Zaffre.)
08-31-2012, 01:09 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(08-31-2012, 01:09 AM)Zaffre Wrote:
(08-31-2012, 01:04 AM)Kreekakon Wrote:
That's actually a bit of a over-statement there...

I think you're referring to his normal fans. The drawing I made was representing a PewDiePie fanboy drawing. You know, if you say something negative about PewDiePie they bash and flame you, they spam barrels and statues in their jumpscare custom stories, etc.

I'm totally fine with the normal people that like his videos, just not the fanboys. For instance, look at this guy. His channel background is a looped drawing of a very poorly created scene depicting PewDiePie asking Stephano to protect him.
Some sexy furry you got there.
08-31-2012, 01:25 AM
Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

I love everybody.

Except for you... no, not you, you over there with the funny face.

Insanity. Static.
08-31-2012, 02:25 AM
Find