Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Monsters Thread
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
Custom Monsters Thread

Primarily, this thread is a place where you can: show off your custom made monster(s) and talk about what monster(s) you'd like to see.

I'm working on an exciting, and scary, story. Although it's in the early stages, I have some promising ideas. I want to keep the story idea and even the title a secret for the time being. I will reveal this bitBig Grinepending on what you do early in the game dictates what story is told and what monsters you see. I have planned two monster types per story. However, to make things even, I need one more monster.

Now you know, in the past, I've wanted the Penumbra Worm in Amnesia. That, however, no one has been able to put it in the game. Can I use (with your permission and giving full credits) a monster you've made up or give me tips on what to do? I do not have any programs to help me make a monster so that's why I ask.
09-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38
RE: Custom Monsters Thread

I'd like to see some more human-like monsters. Just with a disturbing face (no hanging jaw or splitted head).

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
09-03-2012, 12:33 AM
Website Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(09-03-2012, 12:33 AM)SmokeMelvin Wrote: I'd like to see some more human-like monsters. Just with a disturbing face (no hanging jaw or splitted head).
How about this that I found online? http://media01.bigblackbag.net/25396/por...ns_151.jpg Personally I'd want this in my game!
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2012, 04:04 AM by The Rock Worm.)
09-03-2012, 12:40 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Isn't that an Alien without tail? From the film "Alien", i mean?

I had an idea, very simple. Just changing the brute sword to an axe. The problem is that i only have Blender, an it doesn't export .Dae armatures correctly.
I love modelling, just letting you know. But i'm a noob in that, so... i'm begging with simple stuff. If someone from here wants something new (but simple, please!) I can do it.
One day i'll make a Custom monster.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
09-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(09-03-2012, 09:39 AM)The chaser Wrote: Isn't that an Alien without tail? From the film "Alien", i mean?

I had an idea, very simple. Just changing the brute sword to an axe. The problem is that i only have Blender, an it doesn't export .Dae armatures correctly.
I love modelling, just letting you know. But i'm a noob in that, so... i'm begging with simple stuff. If someone from here wants something new (but simple, please!) I can do it.
Hadn't thought of that, to me it I thought of a 'Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath" only its humanoid instead of a tree-like monster. Having it move like an Alien/Xenomorph is a neat idea!

All I have is Blender as well. I know the trouble with just importing .dae files. As for your Brute idea, how about a Pickax? Imagine, you are investigating the disappearance of some miners, only to bump into this guy!
09-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

The Penumbra worm would not be too hard to implement. The only problem with him is that he needs environment-specific animations. He can't simply be turned into an enemy or else he will look terrible navigating through corridors and rooms. It's up to the creator to animate him according to their levels and not only is there a small percentage of 3D modellers and animators in this forums, but those of them who DO have the ability and knowledge to do so, have a story where he does not fit.
09-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(09-03-2012, 02:38 PM)Statyk Wrote: The Penumbra worm would not be too hard to implement. The only problem with him is that he needs environment-specific animations. He can't simply be turned into an enemy or else he will look terrible navigating through corridors and rooms. It's up to the creator to animate him according to their levels and not only is there a small percentage of 3D modellers and animators in this forums, but those of them who DO have the ability and knowledge to do so, have a story where he does not fit.
Didn't realize the worm was environment-specific animations. That explains why I had trouble putting it in-game. I have several story ideas for the worm, including the one I'm making.

Here's another small reveal of my story that I'm working on: As said before, depending on what you do early on depends on what story and monsters you get. The worm would be, if I had a working one, guarding the person you're after in a mansion.
09-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(09-03-2012, 02:20 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(09-03-2012, 09:39 AM)The chaser Wrote: Isn't that an Alien without tail? From the film "Alien", i mean?

Hadn't thought of that, to me it I thought of a 'Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath" only its humanoid instead of a tree-like monster. Having it move like an Alien/Xenomorph is a neat idea!

All I have is Blender as well. I know the trouble with just importing .dae files. As for your Brute idea, how about a Pickax? Imagine, you are investigating the disappearance of some miners, only to bump into this guy!
Yes, it's a really good idea. I've thinked too these three:

Zombie:
I should rig and animate corpse_male. (But blender is that way...)

Armour:
Rigging and animating. (But blender is that way...)

Master (the most ambitious)
Made from 0.
Human shape, but with unnatural black armor. Red eyes. Two hands, one holding a staff.

Blender is the only program i have and i've made walls (even a door!) but if it exported armatures to .dae fine, this forum would be filled with my enemies. Seriously, i love modelling.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
09-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(09-03-2012, 02:49 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: Didn't realize the worm was environment-specific animations. That explains why I had trouble putting it in-game. I have several story ideas for the worm, including the one I'm making.

Here's another small reveal of my story that I'm working on: As said before, depending on what you do early on depends on what story and monsters you get. The worm would be, if I had a working one, guarding the person you're after in a mansion.
What I mean by environment-specific is basically, at square one, the worm would be set up as Object::Static. He should not be an Enemy_Grunt. Think of Penumbra. Every place he was, had a special animation for it, according to how the caves were modeled and such. He did not "intelligently" chase the player like the Infected/Dogs would. If you were to get out of the map, I bet you he would simply go right passed as if you were actually there. They used clever map design and chase scenes and if you were to get too close, a script would call the player dead.

If you wanted him to traverse a mansion, you would have to properly set up a base environment in the 3D program (doesn't have to be exact) using planes and such, or even simply importing the wall assets. Then, after setting up the environment to where he will come out in the game, and his rig is complete, continue with the animation, working with the environment. When you're done, export the .dae and give it a name specific to the situation so you can remember, as wellas change the extension to .dae_anim. When he is placed in the level and you use void PlayPropAnimation to call the correct .dae_anim, he will traverse the level according to how you wanted. Simply use collide areas to have him "catch" the player.
09-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I will try to implement behaviour patters in monsters, not through AI but through smart scripting. Amnesia monsters behaviour are simply --> Search --> See --> Attack. Always wanted to expand on that. Below monsters I have made may be viewed (one by statyk):
[Image: ltrj8.png]

The warped man is for a "cut scene" while the other one made by statyk will be sort of creeping inside the walls, scratching, hiding, trying to find you.

Moving on, what I plan on making next; "The grotesque".
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMe8t4dByTD6yKzYDjHpk...MbkXmgVsSA]
Think of something like this, but fatter and with the posture of a walrus. This guy is supposed to be huge and once he starts chasing you simply "FEAR"™. Breaking down anything blocking the path to you, it's supposed to feel intense everytime you happen upon the grotesque.

So depending on what enemy you're currently facing the behaviour is different, meaning that you would have to behave different in order to survive. Just my 2 cent.

Oh, this is for Spacies.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

09-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Find