Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Video Game Marketing
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Video Game Marketing

(09-05-2012, 08:39 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 08:33 PM)the dark side Wrote:
You're going to start pooping out diamonds then after I show you this trailer:

They hurt coming out.
09-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

that trailer is perfect, story, atmosphere, and gameplay, just how it should be done indeed.

err> "pooping out diamonds" ?

true, i quess its ok to show a little bit of story, a sort of "blurb in video".. but, it does annoy me when they show major twists on the trailers.

phew, thats good. ill have to see if the budget can stretch, i really hate online gaming, more trolls than an ankh morpork quarry. (ie, you cant move for them).

Diablo 3... sheesh, i think diablo 3 was the most heinous misuse of a classic name ive ever seen, and ive seen some pretty heinous misuses. (cough.any NFS game after HP2....cough). if that was a blizzard game, ill pass out, what did they spend 5 years doing, getting drunk and playing ping pong? it wasnt making the game (this is from a review i read:" its short, it feels unfinished, and its full of bugs and exploitable glitches, and this took 5 years to make? no, it feels more like it was made in 5 months, a waste of time and money and an insult to the diablo name. 4/10") thats for sure. Diablo 3 looked more like it was made by Treyarch (serious insult!), it screamed "this is an activision AAA product, so play online and give us all ya money for DLC Motha*******" not "this is a blizzard RPG". thats not good.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012, 08:52 PM by the dark side.)
09-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-05-2012, 08:50 PM)the dark side Wrote: Diablo 3... sheesh, i think diablo 3 was the most heinous misuse of a classic name ive ever seen, and ive seen some pretty heinous misuses. (cough.any NFS game after HP2....cough). if that was a blizzard game, ill pass out, what did they spend 5 years doing, getting drunk and playing ping pong? it wasnt making the game (this is from a review i read:" its short, it feels unfinished, and its full of bugs and exploitable glitches, and this took 5 years to make? no, it feels more like it was made in 5 months, a waste of time and money and an insult to the diablo name. 4/10") thats for sure. Diablo 3 looked more like it was made by Treyarch (serious insult!), it screamed "this is an activision AAA product, so play online and give us all ya money for DLC Motha*******" not "this is a blizzard RPG". thats not good.
Lol dark side, calm the hell down.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

sorry, i am rather passionate about gaming, sometimes it takes over and i go "funny" (as in odder than usual). i just hate seeing great old names destroyed in the name of mass AAA profits, it gets my goat, grinds my gears, hangs me up, and makes me see red. its greed, have they forgotten that greed and profiteering and AAA focus (marketing speak for shovelware clones) are what caused the games crash of 83? or do they actually want another crash because they have sucked about as much money out of it as they can? because thats were we are heading.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012, 09:49 PM by the dark side.)
09-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

No kidding. I was furious when I found out I couldn't play Diablo III on my dubious internet connection. "Single Player" my ass...

Another annoying thing that I probably won't forgive Crytek for... Releasing the pre-order "special edition" of Crysis 2 onto store shelves. Not only was it a shabby game, I payed the extra shipping just so I could get the superficial and superfluous "extra dogtags, special scope, new weapon skin and whatever else" and feel special about myself. Then I find that shit at walmart.

Well played, Crytek. You got an extra 5 bucks out of me that you wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-06-2012, 03:04 AM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

You guys shoulda seen the Russian trailer for Amnesia. ^^ The first words you hear are Alex and Daniel talking about the various uses of the wheel. The whole thing is one big spoiler because it tells you the whole story from start to finish. Russian Alex is a creepy old man and Russian Daniel is an angsty teen with an epic trailer-esque breathiness of the voice. ^^

/rant

^(;,;)^
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2012, 10:47 AM by MyRedNeptune.)
09-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Find