Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Assuming the Penumbra series were made into a movie, then how would the script be?
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
Assuming the Penumbra series were made into a movie, then how would the script be?

I would think some of the unimportant information be dropped while others be summed up or shown as a 'flashback'. However, since I never have written a movie script, I wanted your opinions as to what to keep, what to drop, and what to add. This includes for Black Plague and Overture. Should Requiem be made into a movie? I'm not sure if it should.

I think, as for actors, they'd be the same people who do the voices of the game characters.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2012, 04:42 AM by The Rock Worm.)
09-09-2012, 04:41 AM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
RE:

Well, I've never written a script, but I could guess some stuff:
*Lots of stuff would be cut from Overture. Overture is just too long for the movie format.
*There would be characters added to the plot. Like Phillip would bring his friends and his girlfriend (or something). They would be added so that there could be more dialogue and so that some of them could die.
*Most stuff from Requiem probably wouldn't appear in the movie.

I don't think the roles should be played by the voice actors. Being a good voice actor doesn't make a good actor (and vice versa!). (Of course, there are some people who are both good actors and good voice actors)...

Stand for something
or
Fall for anything
09-29-2012, 12:10 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23
THE TITLE IS TOO DAMN LONG!

I was thinking maybe if there was a movie based off the Penumbra franchise it could be a prequel to the story of the games. Where it tells us what happened to the scientists and workers when they first discovered the Tuurngait temple and the incidents that followed them to the point where it is at the time of the games.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
11-01-2012, 01:41 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: THE TITLE IS TOO DAMN LONG!

(11-01-2012, 01:41 AM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: I was thinking maybe if there was a movie based off the Penumbra franchise it could be a prequel to the story of the games. Where it tells us what happened to the scientists and workers when they first discovered the Tuurngait temple and the incidents that followed them to the point where it is at the time of the games.
Sorry for a long title, but couldn't think of a shorter one to ask the question.

Hadn't thought of a prequel story. While it would be neat to see, it would spoil the mystery when Philip arrives and we the viewers know what happened.
11-01-2012, 01:53 AM
Find