Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

pressing ESC the game freezes
bulletxt Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago pressing ESC the game freezes

hi,
I'll be honest, I first downloaded the demo, the game freezed after going to menu pressing ESC. I was about to buy the game (and I still want) but first I decided to try the full version patched 1.0.679. So my friend lent me his original game. I installed it, pressing ESC still freezes the game in menu.

I am running on Ubuntu Gutsy 7.10 32-bit. I have an ATI 9600 XT with latest 8.2 fglrx drivers. ALL games works, and this includes all open source ones and Unreal Tournament 2004, Doom 3, Quake 4, True Combat Elite and others.

This is the only game where sound glitches every 2 seconds, and most important pressing ESC freezes my game... I need some help on this because I really want to buy the game to support your work. I won't buy the Windows version as I don't have Windows.

I checked with ldd and found that I have all dependencies libraries of penumbra.bin.

NOTE: I don't have compiz enabled, and actually it is not even installed

I attach my hpl.log file... hope there is a solution or a patch in a few days
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2008, 03:26 PM by steelpenguin.)
02-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: pressing ESC the game freezes

I am working on an updated Linux Patch that should fix this issue along w/ many sounds issues, and Graphics issues on ATI cards. Keep you're eyes on this forum for the announcement of the patch.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
02-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Website Find
bulletxt Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: pressing ESC the game freezes

I'm very happy then!

I'll try the patch as soon it comes out and buy the game!
02-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Find