Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The Sanity Game
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
The Sanity Game

So, uh, you wake up in a dungeon not knowing how to proceed, right? (With me so far?)
Not knowing of why you're there, you wander around aimlessly looking for a way out. (Looking good so far!)
(No, seriously. The above is absolutely true.)

Spoiler below!

Description:

Accompanied by strange voices, madness eventually sinks in.
Since when does madness lead to salvation?
Yet, sanity has betrayed you, leaving you all alone.
What else is there to do than to fight against sanity?
Succumb to the darkness, lest you remain lost and alone forever!

Mechanics:
  • Standing in the light does not regain sanity.
  • Standing in the dark does not reduce sanity.
  • Staring at monsters does not reduce sanity.
  • The only way to lose sanity is through exploration!

Other Information:

I realize some of you may not understand what wandering around aimlessly means. So, let me put it in a different way: Explore until some form of progression is observed! Better? The goal is to lose your sanity in the process!

This is an isolated full conversion! IF YOU OVERWRITE ANY FILES FROM THE ORIGINAL GAME, THAT'S NOT MY FAULT! Instructions on how to install and run the mod are on the moddb page in the tutorials section. Justine is required!

Be sure to report any non-user screw-up errors here. Bonus points for those who also attach their latest progress log for the profile they were using when the issue occurred for issues that are slightly complicated. Progress logs can be found in the Amnesia user directory for YCSanityGame.

[Image: 46878.png]

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2012, 05:40 PM by Your Computer.)
09-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: The Sanity Game

Will try this out soon. Just got to finish with downloading issues first.

EDIT: Figured how to install this. Now about to see this. New pants are next to me, JIC.

EDIT2: Gotta say, well scripted and made. Had quite some scares. And you never really know when they're gonna happen.

Spoiler below!

There's also a door that closes on its own if you stray away from it, which creeped me out (no easy task).
A statue that moves its head is also something new.
The way the hands moved at a certain place...
The voices...

I also had the case of "lag" during gameplay, but quickly disappeared (after 2 minutes).

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012, 02:24 PM by Robby.)
09-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Website Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Interesting, downloading... I will review this soon.

“Life is a game, play it”
09-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I beat it. It was...interesting?

Spoiler below!
It was very weird to be working after "lowering" my own sanity for once.

I was nearly stuck in the mod when I was locked in the room with all the shelves, and eight "morgue slots" (If they're called that) I must've been in there for five minutes. After three I started stuffing all the morgue slots with random items, and was considering exiting the mod until that hand reached out, and grabbed me.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012, 03:29 PM by Kreekakon.)
09-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

I'm curious as to ...
Spoiler below!
how the game ended for those who completed the game.

(09-12-2012, 03:26 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I was nearly stuck in the mod when I was locked in the room with all the shelves, and eight "morgue slots" (If they're called that) I must've been in there for five minutes. After three I started stuffing all the morgue slots with random items, and was considering exiting the mod until that hand reached out, and grabbed me.

Spoiler below!
I figured getting stuck there might happen, but i also didn't want to make it easy to figure out what to do. When entering the room, a bloody cloud should have been spawned at the grave where interaction is required to proceed. That was the only clue i chose to implement for the player.

09-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Website Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

I couldn't get past the first area. When I saw that iron maiden I was like "OH FUCK NO." and quit the mod. I'll try it again in the future though.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012, 03:37 PM by Zaffre.)
09-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-12-2012, 03:32 PM)Your Computer Wrote: I'm curious as to ...
Spoiler below!
Spoiler below!
My memory is horrible right now so the feature that stands out most is that I walked down a corridor with several turns, and there was an angel statue at one of them. At the end I ducked past a hole in the wall. Kind of forgot what happened afterwards...

Does that say anything?

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(09-12-2012, 03:32 PM)Your Computer Wrote: I'm curious as to ...
Spoiler below!
Spoiler below!

I went into a hole in the wall at the final room (where the door opened on its own after my sanity was very low), I heard some screaming, and the character blacked out, showing the credits.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2012, 03:37 PM by Robby.)
09-12-2012, 03:36 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

(09-12-2012, 03:36 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
Spoiler below!
My memory is horrible right now so the feature that stands out most is that I walked down a corridor with several turns, and there was an angel statue at one of them. At the end I ducked past a hole in the wall. Kind of forgot what happened afterwards...

Does that say anything?

Spoiler below!
Unfortunately, that doesn't tell me how it ended for you. However, if you walked all the time and took the time to enjoy the scenery, then i can lean towards a certain ending.

(09-12-2012, 03:36 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
Spoiler below!

I went into a hole in the wall at the final room (where the door opened on its own after my sanity was very low), I heard some screaming, and the character blacked out, showing the credits.

Spoiler below!
That tells me you got what i call the "horrible ending." The darkness got to you; you didn't reach the end of the tunnel.

09-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(09-12-2012, 03:46 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
Spoiler below!
That tells me you got what i call the "horrible ending." The darkness got to you; you didn't reach the end of the tunnel.
Gotta try again, then.

09-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Website Find