Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Ender
candlejack131 Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Ender

Thanks chaser ^.^ I find that custom story interesting. Ill try to get involved in it i just sent him a pm. I am SO close to being done i have been working on this custom story "a lot" longer then it seems i've been making it for 6-7 months and it gets tiring but INSTEAD of dropping it i decided to continue it and am close to finishing i am very excited for its release and hope this will be done by the end of this weekend.
10-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

An issue has been struck. I wanted to go back and polish up some levels. When i went to add the correct ambient sounds when i would play them no sound would be displayed unless i went ingame OR played them manually from the folder. I think it has something to do with the most recent amnesia update for my custom main menu has been set back to default. This update happened a couple of days ago and i found it strange for there was no news about it.
10-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

Simple Glitch in the level editor the problem has been resolved
10-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: I spelled it Der Grobmann because it is German for "the Rough man" a name i actually find threatening and intimidating.
Oh sorry, my bad. I've just seen people call Slenderman "Großmann" very often and since a lot of them used b for ß I thought it was a typo Smile

And yes, your story makes a lot more sense now, with the additional information. I quite like it so far!
10-07-2012, 04:36 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(10-07-2012, 04:36 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: I spelled it Der Grobmann because it is German for "the Rough man" a name i actually find threatening and intimidating.
Oh sorry, my bad. I've just seen people call Slenderman "Großmann" very often and since a lot of them used b for ß I thought it was a typo Smile

And yes, your story makes a lot more sense now, with the additional information. I quite like it so far!
thank you ^.^
10-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Find
warmacha11 Offline

Threads: 2

(10-07-2012, 05:36 PM)candlejack131 Wrote:

thank you ^.^
i have a few questions... i didnt read the entire forum for times sake so i dont know if this has already been mentioned.... will your game have any other things that pop up other than slenderman?

also this one is more of a suggestion, i know that i gave you the script on slenderman instantly killing you when looked at him, but if you want, you can add to the script so that if you look at slenderman it wont INSTANTLY kill you but hurt you a little bit so that the more times you look at his area, the more you get hurt and thus killing you if you look at him too much, which could save alot of frustration from the players and for new players.
also, to prevent the player getting hurt by looking at the area script when slenderman despawns, you could make the area script despawn too, when the player looks away. sounds cool?
10-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(10-07-2012, 08:44 PM)warmacha11 Wrote:

thank you ^.^
i have a few questions... i didnt read the entire forum for times sake so i dont know if this has already been mentioned.... will your game have any other things that pop up other than slenderman?

also this one is more of a suggestion, i know that i gave you the script on slenderman instantly killing you when looked at him, but if you want, you can add to the script so that if you look at slenderman it wont INSTANTLY kill you but hurt you a little bit so that the more times you look at his area, the more you get hurt and thus killing you if you look at him too much, which could save alot of frustration from the players and for new players.
also, to prevent the player getting hurt by looking at the area script when slenderman despawns, you could make the area script despawn too, when the player looks away. sounds cool?
The slenderman script you gave me works out fine so far. Looking does not kill you Immediately after seeing him you have 2-3 seconds to look away which i find fair. Also the only Antagonist in this custom story is of course SlenderMan. HOWEVER there are other things in the custom story that will frighten or make the player nervous things you'll just have to wait and see to find out.
10-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Find
warmacha11 Offline

Threads: 2

(10-07-2012, 08:54 PM)candlejack131 Wrote:

thank you ^.^

The slenderman script you gave me works out fine so far. Looking does not kill you Immediately after seeing him you have 2-3 seconds to look away which i find fair. Also the only Antagonist in this custom story is of course SlenderMan. HOWEVER there are other things in the custom story that will frighten or make the player nervous things you'll just have to wait and see to find out.
oh ok, thats cool. to me personally im not a big fan of popups. but since i helped you out im defenitly going to play it. Smile
10-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(10-07-2012, 08:58 PM)warmacha11 Wrote:
(10-07-2012, 08:54 PM)candlejack131 Wrote:
(10-07-2012, 04:36 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Oh sorry, my bad. I've just seen people call Slenderman "Großmann" very often and since a lot of them used b for ß I thought it was a typo Smile

thank you ^.^

oh ok, thats cool. to me personally im not a big fan of popups. but since i helped you out im defenitly going to play it. Smile
I don't know if you could call them pop ups? nothing like a flying naked guy or an iron maiden scream. In a matter of fact there is only 1 jump scare in the entire 12 level custom story and even then i don't think that could even be considered a pop up.
10-07-2012, 09:27 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

Wow it feels like this keeps getting slightly more and more pushed back. SO There are 3 things i need to cover. 1. I am Absolutely certain that the last man i need to contact is the creator of "cry oni" for i used his amazing sky box. 2. Am i free to use the snow particle effect even though The creator of wake never got back to me its been about 3 weeks since then now. 3. I know i keep saying this should be out by next weekend but i have been very busy. I am on what was originally going to be the "last" level but i came up with an ending that will better fit the story. SO there will be 1 more small level after the one I've been working on and that will be that. I have about 2 more Custom stories after this. I plan on making this my "gimmick".
10-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Find