Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The (Least) Favorite aspects of your culture.
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: The (Least) Favorite aspects of your culture.

you can still get hand made things. Morgans for example, lace table clothes, indipendant art work, etc, sure, you have to go out of your way to get hand made quality, but, its still there.

you really do need to walk a mile in these shoes to get some perspective, experience of dealing with people, something i severly lack in, and always will as my mind cannot register most of the things that are most important when it comes to that experience, is far more important than knowledge, as you get older, you deal with more people, thus, you get more experience in how to deal with people. Knowledge is power, yes, but experience is the socket that lets you plug into that power.

i will admit that perception is very flawed as the human mind is incredibly easy to trick. it is very easy to see why people thaught the world was flat, it feels and looks flat to the human mind. Perception is even more flawed for me as my senses are pretty scrambled,.. i mean, i can "Feel" words.

however, i have never been tricked into thinking a videogame was real when playing it, i have always known i have been playing a videogame, probably because i cant ignore the feeling of the keyboard or controller, no offence but, being unable to differentiate between fiction and reality can be a sign of some pretty serious learning difficulties, even more serious than my own.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2012, 07:27 PM by the dark side.)
09-23-2012, 09:39 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: Refrain from doing so! its a very raw nerve!
I do apologize. I try to stay objective so I didn't mean it as a personal attack. I was bashing hypocrisy, not country life.(My mother, not from a scientific background, thinks she knows more than I about the physical sciences, even though I have been engaged in them since a tot.)

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-24-2012, 05:02 AM
Find
the dark side Offline

ahh, now i understand, sorry, i am afraid i grabbed the sharp pointy end of the rake, again. no problem, and thanks for the apology, i will edit my post.

that reminds me of something i really hate about modern culture in general, although it doesnt apply to you, it does apply to a number of people out there in the big bad world.

people with no manners!
09-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

"The dark side"

Sometimes, people make mistakes. With each mistake you make, you become a better "you".

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Website Find
the dark side Offline

of course nemet, thank you,. its just i am particularily prone to making them as i take everything literally, i must ask people to kindly bear with me on that, its a genetic issue.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2012, 08:13 PM by the dark side.)
09-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(09-24-2012, 08:13 PM)the dark side Wrote: of course nemet, thank you,. its just i am particularily prone to making them as i take everything literally, i must ask people to kindly bear with me on that, its a genetic issue.
Of course. When you see a post, read it, think about it, then post. It will prevent bad stuff. Anyway, let's not stray off topic.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Website Find
bloogleford Offline

Threads: 4

Thanks for the clarifying statements Darkside.

Naturally I agree about the people threatening death to infidels etc. being alarming, and disgusting. However, there are also people who show up at protests against Obama saying things nearly as harsh, and on the left I remember attending anti-war rallies myself years ago where some people had words about Bush which were almost as harsh.

I think it's hard to separate rhetoric from reality, especially with a cultural gulf..how do we know which Muslims are simply using inflammatory language (the legality and ethics of it being another question), and which actually mean it? For every Muslim with a banner proclaiming they should kill Christians, there is some ignorant twit here in the US who is happy to say things like "bomb the middle east into the stone age" or "kill all these savages and let god sort them out". These are real quotes BTW. In both cases it's very harsh rhetoric essentially threatening violence..I think this is one of those rare instances where the double standards swings both ways at times. While there are times where people are over sensitive to the wider Islamic world's misunderstandings of things like free speech, there are also times where we let things be said and in some cases done to Muslims here in the US that we would never tolerate with another group.

I can't speak for how it is anywhere else, but I do feel that here in the US it is much more dangerous at this time to be a Muslim than it is to not be one, for all the hand wringing about "appeasement" of the Muslim world and supposed political correctness that comes from certain corners here, there is a distinct, virulent, and very angry strain of anti-Muslim fervor in the US, which has been there before these protests of course. I'm sure you've heard about the Mosques getting burned down and similar things.

On industrialization/media stuff.

I am not sure that people are any dumber today, I think if anything it's the opposite..at least a little at least more can read lol. More likely is just that the old methods of controlling people - The Church, religion, more rigid class structures have been replaced with other ones - mass media, modern forms of nationalism and political and economic thought etc.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2012, 10:03 PM by bloogleford.)
09-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Find
KingWolf Offline

Threads: 2

(09-24-2012, 07:29 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: With each mistake you make, you become a better "you".
You taught me that lesson before. And it definitely is true. Somehow...

Helping "Nemet Robert " with his unofficial map.
09-25-2012, 01:49 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(09-25-2012, 01:49 PM)KingWolf Wrote:
(09-24-2012, 07:29 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: With each mistake you make, you become a better "you".
You taught me that lesson before. And it definitely is true. Somehow...
I don't talk sh*t.

09-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Website Find