Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cluethulhu
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
Cluethulhu

I wanted to keep this a secret project, but upon reflection it's out of my ability to make. While I have heard rumors of a Clue Board Game based in the world of Lovecraft, I have no knowledge if it's true or not. This thread assumes that Lovecraftian Clue isn't made. Now this story takes a twist on some known Lovecraftian Entities. What these twists are are hinted below in the plot. Anything in italics is the Clue Game character, while anything in [here] is the Lovecraftian character.

PLOT: Mr. Body [Lovecraft] has been visited with 6 people who each have troubles that he could help resolve. Mr. Green [Cthulhu] wishes advice on how to get more people to visit his home/park R'lyeh besides the super rich (as diving deep down in a sub is pricey!). Professor Plumb [Yog-Sothoth] needs funding to resume his project on slowing down the spread/ability of deadly diseases so a cure for the terminally ill can be found in time. Colonel Mustard [Hastur] is being pressured by his superiors in the Army; it seems that some captured terrorists are resilient to being turned insane... thus he can't get any info from them. Mrs. White [Niggurath] loves to help people whenever she can (having her young help grow trees in burned area or hold tree houses, rebuilding communities, etc) but so many people ask her for help that she doesn't have enough resources and helpers for the high demand in help. Mrs. Peacock [Hydra] has been trying to get her new invention on the market... something that makes gas powered vehicles ocean oil platforms outdated. However, the Oil Companies have been sabotaging her efforts and she needs help. Mrs. Scarlet [Ammutseba] has a dream of studying starts in her own 'NASA' Starbase, while she has the money, she lacks enough people interested in being a part of this dream.

Mr. Body is well known for defeating the evil entities (Azathoth and the rest not mention here) thanks to the Elder Sign enchanted weapons {he unlocked the secrets of the Elder Sign and no one else knows them, enchanting a weapon with it would kill one. Besides that, another entity could kill another} [the rope, wrench, lead pipe, revolver, knife, and candlestick], thus removing the 'evil personalities' that suppressed the good ones in his 6 guests years ago. This earned him lots of influence and money, but he still values his privacy so only a few can see him. He considers them friends and hadn't seen them in years... so when they came for help he lets them visit for dinner. After hearing their stories, he states that he has enough resources to help only 1 person. He would announce whom to help come morning, and reveal a secret about one of them and none could leave until it has been revealed! However, come midnight, the 6 guests finds Mr. Body dead! By the looks of things, he wasn't killed here, but where; with what; and by whom? He left one note with this message: Over the years, I suspected that one of the evil personality was still alive and tricked me in killing the good one. It took this visit to confirm it. My will, money, and resources are hidden upon my death. Find the one who killed me and earn my last help. If the evil one finds it... heaven help us! End of Plot

As you can see, the gameplay would be Clue, but using the Amnesia engine to do it. I have thoughts on the characters looks, but actually doing the scripting for this and the modeling required is out of my abilities. Tell me what you think of this idea and what to do. If possible, could some of us together make this Custom Story?
09-13-2012, 03:17 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Cluethulhu

It requires a lot of modelling. Sounds very good, BTW. I would help you, but my CS requires a lot of work and I can't work in this one. But I'm sure someone will join you. If you want, I can make simple models for you.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
09-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(09-13-2012, 08:29 AM)The chaser Wrote: It requires a lot of modelling. Sounds very good, BTW. I would help you, but my CS requires a lot of work and I can't work in this one. But I'm sure someone will join you. If you want, I can make simple models for you.
Glad you like my idea Smile If you feel like it/have the free time then sure! I don't want to take you away from your CS. I can Pm you on the look ideas for them.
09-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

...Sorry, I don't get it. o.O Maybe because I never played clue. Do I understand correctly that you want to make a board game in HPL engine? I don't think that's possible without access to the source code. I mean you would need to be able to select characters and move them around on a fixed path, you might need dice rolling or picking up cards, the whole camera would need to be changed etc, etc... I guess you're better off with UDK or maybe Unity for that sort of project, as they are more flexible.

Or do you just want to make some sort of detective story around human characters that are inspired by Lovecraftian beings? Or are the character really supposed to be said beings and this will be some sort of parody? I'm lost Sad
09-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(09-13-2012, 04:48 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: ...Sorry, I don't get it. o.O Maybe because I never played clue. Do I understand correctly that you want to make a board game in HPL engine? I don't think that's possible without access to the source code. I mean you would need to be able to select characters and move them around on a fixed path, you might need dice rolling or picking up cards, the whole camera would need to be changed etc, etc... I guess you're better off with UDK or maybe Unity for that sort of project, as they are more flexible.

Or do you just want to make some sort of detective story around human characters that are inspired by Lovecraftian beings? Or are the character really supposed to be said beings and this will be some sort of parody? I'm lost Sad
In here you are the beings taking on the roles of the characters in Clue. The idea is the player would choose which character to play and is given a random weapon, note on a person(s), and notes on a room(s) [instead of cards, notes 'written' by Mr. Body]. When an NPC accuses you, or you accuse them, you temporarily trade a weapon or note (and they remember if you ask later).

I just thought it would be funny if you played scary entities in a Clue game.
09-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Find