Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

FTL: Faster Than Light
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
FTL: Faster Than Light

Hi. There's a game I've been interested in for a while now, and it just came out on Steam. I played it, and quite frankly I think it was amazing. In a nutshell, it's a roguelike game where you pilot a spaceship through sectors. You can die at any moment, and when you do die, there's no going on. You restart, no matter where you are.

I got to the sixth sector on my first run. A seemingly weak ship had crew teleport onto mine, and I was so focused on them I forgot about the enemy ship. They took out my weapons and started fires, and I couldn't fight back, so all I could do was watch in vain as my crew died from the fires as they tried to repair the weapon systems.

For those of you who are interested, it's $9.00 right now on Steam. Here's some gameplay footage by one of the developers. Note that this was taken during pre-alpha and it may be outdated. Best viewed in fullscreen.

It's developed by two people based in China. Definitely worth the price, and there's new ships as you go along, so when you get bored of one, you can play again with a different one. Give it a go if you're interested!

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2012, 07:21 PM by Zaffre.)
09-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: FTL: Faster Than Light

It's a really good game, I just feel it lacks in the micro, I wanted more stuff to do y'know?
09-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

If you think it's lacking, wait until you get into one of the later battles. First your engines are down, you send a guy in. Then your sensors are down and you hear fire, so you have to search with another crew member to find the fire. Before you know it, half your systems are down, you're taking missiles, and you're trying to find out where the breaches and fires are but you can't repair your weapons and shields because if you do the breaches and fires will spread.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
09-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Bump, because A, this game is awesome. And B this vid...

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/hi-VNkT57oE[/video]

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
04-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Find
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11

<3 this game...
04-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Find
xPICKLEMONSTER Offline

Threads: 13

Just rediscovered it! If you need help unlocking new ships there is a wiki that can help!

http://ftlwiki.com/wiki/Ships

[Image: monthebiffybackgroundss.jpg]
Voice Actor in
Poisonous
Confusion

04-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Just unlocked the Zoltan Cruiser and the Stealth Cruiser. Yay!

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013, 07:44 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
04-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Find