Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Statue Help
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5
RE: New Statue Help

Did you happen to UV the rockworm statue? I'm not sure how blender works, but if your UV's are screwed up (or non-existent) then your textures most definitely won't show up.

What part of the statue have you messed around with, exactly (and is the model one you made or is it directly from Prenumbra)?

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
09-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

(09-15-2012, 05:38 PM)crisosphinx Wrote: Did you happen to UV the rockworm statue? I'm not sure how blender works, but if your UV's are screwed up (or non-existent) then your textures most definitely won't show up.

What part of the statue have you messed around with, exactly (and is the model one you made or is it directly from Prenumbra)?
I'm not sure about the UV, but something wrong with Blender could explain my problems.

The statue is from Penumbra: Requiem (I almost typed Penumbra: Amnesia for some reason), as before, it's this statue http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/911..._48_07.jpg that I want into Amnesia. What you can't see in this image (but seen in my Blender) is that the worm is complete and not just the head/neck.
09-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/thi...3d/blender

How many of the very basic steps did you do? The only step that wouldn't apply in your case is step 5, and you should assume the default cube is the worm you're trying to export.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Website Find
crisosphinx Offline

Oh, I read the thread, so I saw the picture. xD

I just wasn't sure if it was from the game or if you made it. Try looking at the UV's. There should be some automatically, but it's possible you did something to them (I work with Maya, experienced Blender once and my never touch it again, haha).

If all else fails, you could upload it here and I could take a look [.dae, .dds files please], but I've been busy for the past couple days trying to get my animations for my custom model to work right.

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
09-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83

I'm trying to attach the dae file, but it's not working.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2012, 06:43 PM by The Rock Worm.)
09-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

(09-15-2012, 06:25 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(09-15-2012, 06:07 PM)Your Computer Wrote: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/thi...3d/blender

How many of the very basic steps did you do? The only step that wouldn't apply in your case is step 5, and you should assume the default cube is the worm you're trying to export.
One problem, my Blender is 2.49b and the instructions are for 2.5+ Any advice on that?
Download the new version of blender? It's free right?
EDIT:
http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2012, 06:32 PM by crisosphinx.)
09-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Find