Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with editor?
Figaro94 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Help with editor?

Hello!

This is my first thread here. I'm very new with the HPL editor so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. But i started to work on my map a while back on my stationary computer. I later moved the map to my laptop so i could work on it in school (The map I'm making is a school project). When I'm home I prefer to use my stationary but when i transfer my map to this computer everything I've done on my laptop is gone! The map looks exactly as it it did when i first moved it to my laptop. I've tried every possible thing that I can imagine to fix this problem. Please tell me what to do. Sad
09-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Help with editor?

Maybe you forgot to save?

Look in "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore".

What do you see in that folder? Send a pic if you want to. Otherwise, just explain.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2012, 03:11 PM by Robby.)
09-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Website Find
Figaro94 Offline

Threads: 1

(09-18-2012, 03:11 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Maybe you forgot to save?

Look in "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore".

What do you see in that folder? Send a pic if you want to. Otherwise, just explain.
I don't seem to have those files... I have two folders. One named "Amnesia" were the main file is located and one named "Amnesia - The Dark Descent" which contains the redist and install_files and some other.
09-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

Could it be that you copied it when you first moved it to your laptop? (copy paste in stead of cut paste)
This would mean the old version is still on your stationary computer, and that's the one your opening.

Or did you rename it?

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2012, 03:23 PM by Tommyboypsp.)
09-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Try to remove those two folders. Make sure to make a backup of those to the desktop.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Website Find
KingWolf Offline

Threads: 2

Maybe you didn't save, like he said before? Or something else happened.

Helping "Nemet Robert " with his unofficial map.
09-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Looks like you forgot to save the map.

09-19-2012, 06:19 AM
Website Find