Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Model Editor Help Enemies that deal damage
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
Enemies that deal damage

Hello everyone and have a nice day!

So, I'm trying to make alive a kind of monster well known, but it's not in my plan to say which one is.
So, enemy_grunt worked fine, but the only thing that happens is that the model chases you, but when it is near enough, it just stays where you are.

I've looked at the variables and it didn't say anything of attack distance (or I didn't see it. Confused )

So, can someone help me? I would like to see the monster in-game.
And please, don't say what monster you think it is. I only want to know that, so any tip is appreciated Big Grin .

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
09-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Enemies that deal damage

I don't follow. Can you rephrase exactly what it is you want help about?

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

If you're using a static prop, that of course may not happen. I don't know much about variables, but keep looking.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Website Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

It is a enemy_grunt. When you transform something to enemy_grunt, the only thing it does is to chase the player (without making any kind of damage) and the chasing sound plays, you can try it.

Any idea?

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
09-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

It is said that an attack animation is required for the monster to deal damage to the player.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Website Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(09-18-2012, 07:37 PM)Your Computer Wrote: It is said that an attack animation is required for the monster to deal damage to the player.
And static objects or props don't have that, so that's why it doesn't work.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2012, 07:40 PM by Robby.)
09-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(09-18-2012, 07:40 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: And static objects or props don't have that, so that's why it doesn't work.

Static objects and props can have default animations, even "attack" animations, but the game won't recognize it as an animation for a specific purpose.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Website Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Yes, that seems to be the same problem candlejack had when he tried to implement his Slender model. If the enemy you're trying to implement is already a rigged model, but does not have an attack animation, simply exporting a one frame dummy animation for the attack should work. If it is not rigged yet, you will need to skin it to at least a single joint beforehand.
09-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Actually my model is rigged, but not animated. In the model editor, there is a "edit animations" menu, could something from there help?
So, referring to hirnwirbel: I must use maya and make an attack animation?

Thanks everyone for the massive answers, BTW. I didn't expect so much.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
09-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Yes you must use Maya, but you don't need to animate anything. Just try this:

1. Select all your joints (in outliner, not by dragging a rectangle in viewport, otherwise it will only select the highest joint in the hierarchy!)
2. Hit "S" to set a keyframe. A red marking should now have appeared on your timeline at the bottom.
3. Export all as .dae as usual. Call your file something like Yourmonstername_attack.
4. Rename the extension of your new file from .dae to .dae_anim
5. Open your model (not the animation file mind you!) in Model Editor

6. here's where it gets a bit fuzzy for me... I've never actually done this. But looking at the original Grunt enemy, it seems to demand the following attack animations:

SwingClaws01
SwingClaws02
SwingLaunch

So add these by clicking add in the animation window, name them correctly, then for each of them click on the button next to "file" and choose your animation file.

I have no idea if this works, but it seems like the most logical thing to do. So give it a try! Big Grin
09-20-2012, 12:07 AM
Find