Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird screen 'reflection'
SaraDee1988 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Weird screen 'reflection'

Ok, I've looked and looked, and I don't see my problem anywhere, so I'm going to ask for help, if anyone else has had this problem.

I'm running on a VERY old Dell, with a Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis card (Which I have updated), and the game runs ok. A little laggy in full screen, but the window option is ok.
There's a lighting flicker issue that I think can be fixed with the HaloFix, but even if it doesn't, I'm not really bothered by it too much. What DOES bother me is this:

Whenever the Shadow sounds off, there is major lagging, and then the screen gets... I don't know how to describe it, I guess an echo image? Like a smaller outline of the current room I'm in is reflected back onto the screen, and it's transparent, which leaves black outlines of all the textures overlaying my view. It's annoying as hell, it effs with my visibility, and I really don't want to try running away from the Shadow, Mr. Face, or the Water Lurker with the outline keeping me from seeing where I'm going. It goes away after restarting the game, but comes right back up once the shadow roars again.
I'm going to upgrade to an nVidia eventually, but until then, I would REALLY like to be able to play in the mean time. Will the HaloFix take care of this problem? I'm already running on the lowest graphics settings possible (Which makes me sad, because amnesia is a beautiful game and low graphics settings don't do the shaders justice).
If it won't, has anyone else had this issue, and if so, did you manage to fix it and how? I'll upload a screencap if no one understands what I'm talking about.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2012, 02:12 AM by SaraDee1988.)
09-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!

in graphics options turn off poset effects or sanity effetcs and that should fix it.
09-23-2012, 07:05 AM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Please check the troubleshooting guides before posting!

Shut off Refraction, I had this problem on my old ATI X600.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
09-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Find