Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me
ironman0001 Offline

Threads: 8
My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me

I made a grunt hallucination and he is turned completely around And doesn't run towards me... And in the level editor, i have him facing where my character is going to walk... I want him to be facing me and runs towards me as soon as he pops up!

(09-29-2012, 07:02 PM)ironman0001 Wrote: I made a grunt hallucination and he is turned completely around And doesn't run towards me... And in the level editor, i have him facing where my character is going to walk... I want him to be facing me and runs towards me as soon as he pops up!
Bump
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2012, 07:22 PM by ironman0001.)
09-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me

He faces the one way in game at all times. Try using the search bar before posting a thread. Use clever mapping or scripts.
09-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Find
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
RE: My grunt hallucination is turned completely around and isn't running towards me

just put ShowEnemyPlayerPosition(string& asName); in the script. Problem solved.

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
09-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

ironman0001, you're creating too many threads. Write all your problems into one thread, so that'll keep things clear in this forum.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-30-2012, 07:59 AM
Website Find
ironman0001 Offline

I have another question! How do i make the character look around?
10-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

With a script?

Use this function:

void StartPlayerLookAt(string& asEntityName, float afSpeedMul, float afMaxSpeed, string& asAtTargetCallback);
void StopPlayerLookAt();
Forces the player to look at a certain entity until StopPlayerLookAt is used.
asEntityName - the entity to look at
afSpeedMul - how fast should the player look at the entity
afMaxSpeed - maximum speed allowed
asAtTargetCallback - function to call when player looks at target

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

You can use the StartPlayerLookAt script to make the player look at a certain spot. Also, I never fumbled much with these, but the various camera altering scripts should work too depending on your needs.

Look them up in Script functions on the wiki.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
10-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Script Functions Page

10-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Website Find
ironman0001 Offline

(10-01-2012, 07:43 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: With a script?

Use this function:

void StartPlayerLookAt(string& asEntityName, float afSpeedMul, float afMaxSpeed, string& asAtTargetCallback);
void StopPlayerLookAt();
Forces the player to look at a certain entity until StopPlayerLookAt is used.
asEntityName - the entity to look at
afSpeedMul - how fast should the player look at the entity
afMaxSpeed - maximum speed allowed
asAtTargetCallback - function to call when player looks at target
And is there a way to make an enemy just stand without attacking?
10-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(10-01-2012, 07:53 PM)ironman0001 Wrote: And is there a way to make an enemy just stand without attacking?
Possible. You click the enemy (go to its "entity" tab), and select "DisableTriggers" or something like that. That should do it.

10-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Website Find