Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Music composer looking for a CS
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Music composer looking for a CS

In follow the light I would change some notes so it was more sad and less "creepy".

In 0.26 there is a melody.
In 0.31 changes to be the normal melody.

I suggest you to change that 0.31 to a lower tone, so it would seem like (attention, philosophical chaser) that something has been lost but there's still hope.

Don't know if you understand. This is my personal opinion, you can do whatever you want with the track Wink
Also, I would like to tell you the situations where I would use your tracks, not this way.
Also, the link to "The otherworld" (moddb ) (Forum ).

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Find
madkeim Offline

Threads: 1

That track is kind of a creepy lullaby to me, and no offense but I like it that way.
Sadness wasn't really the feeling I was looking for when I made it, so I don't feel like removing its creepiness.

But if you need something more sad and less creepy, I can simply make another track using the same chords and melodies. For example a piano/strings orchestration should do the trick, and I could change some notes or chords if needed.

It's fun to make several tracks with the same melody or harmony, and change the arrangement and orchestration.
You end up with tracks that expresses different feelings and have different functions in the game.
That's what I meant when I was talking about tracks connected to each other.

I go check "the otherworld" and I come back to you Wink

My souncloud page : http://soundcloud.com/madkeim
10-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Find
4WalledKid Offline

Threads: 23

I Love It! Big Grin

[Image: 4walledkidbanner_zps1514b7f6.png]
10-13-2012, 06:33 AM
Website Find
madkeim Offline

Glad you like it!

10-13-2012, 05:13 PM
Find
madkeim Offline

Hey everyone !

I haven't updated that tread for a loooong time, so here's some news.

I have dropped the idea of making a soundtrack especially for one custom story BUT I am still working on an album that I plan to release on bancamp.
It will be available for any modder who wants to use my tracks in his CS.
I intend to release it in september or so.

The album will contain themes and ambient tracks (including the tracks I already presented to you).

I have two more tracks in preview for you.

- A scary amb track (there is a sound you might recognize in it) :
No Place To Hide

- A theme :
Dancing With The Devil

Stay tuned if you like it!

P.S : If someone knows how to put souncloud widgets in my post, please let me know.

(This post was last modified: 07-24-2013, 01:49 AM by madkeim.)
07-24-2013, 01:42 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Good stuff, although the string tremolos in No Place to Hide sound awful in my opinion. Way too prominent. Dancing With the Devil is also a bit boring in my opinion.
07-24-2013, 05:11 PM
Find
madkeim Offline

Thanks for listening.
I know violins in "No place to hide" are a bit annoying. I may consider making them sit back a little more in the final version. It's a unsafe track, in my mind it could be played when an enemy is walking around. So if at some point you just want it to stop, that's pretty normal!

07-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

I actually like a lot "No place to hide", it's very stressing, ideal for a suitor or so. And, actually, I find the violins quite a good thing, they build up tension. What I don't like much is the abrupt final it has, I'd make it more... loopy, you know.

Dancing with the devil is ok in my opinion, not outstanding, but really good for a note where a murdering has been confessed, or where it explains what is causing the horror in the story.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
07-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Find
madkeim Offline

Thanks for the feedback.
Don't worry, I will make a loop version for each amb track, including "No place to hide".

07-25-2013, 12:06 AM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

Wow! You have some really great stuff here. :O

But when I listen to No Place To Hide I just can't shake the feeling that it would have been so much better if not for that sustained string tremolo. I kept expecting the strings to start creeping upwards and take on some crazy dissonant twists, only to find them still holding the same note. This made the track a little underwhelming to me, despite the awesome sound effects. It also sounds a little too harmony-based to me at times (the tremolo strings contribute a lot to this) - I personally think that "organic noise" tracks work best for background search music.

Dancing With The Devil has a really cool atmosphere to it, I like the choice of instruments and I think it develops really nicely on a purely acoustic level, if that makes any sense (I hope it does >.<). Some harmonic/melodic development would really help it shine, imo.

Dunno how much you needed criticism, but I decided to drop it anyway. Hope you don't mind. Big Grin

^(;,;)^
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2013, 05:39 PM by MyRedNeptune.)
07-25-2013, 05:36 PM
Find