Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

black plague keeps crashing?
torbiditree Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago black plague keeps crashing?

Hi. I recently bought Amnesia and the Penumbra series off of Steam. I've played the demos for all three games in the past and they worked absolutely fine.
I tried to play Black Plague this evening. I started a new game, got past the first cutscene, and everything was fine. However, once I tried to turn on the glowstick the game crashed. I tried to play the game again a few more times but it crashed again and again. It wasn't always because of the glowstick- one time I had just gone into the vent and then it crashed, and another time I was trying to close the Steam menu I had opened and it crashed. I kept getting the same message. It said the following:
"The cause of the crash is probably one of the following:
1. You do not have the latest drivers for your graphics card
2. You do not have the latest drivers for your sound card
3. You have made a setting that your computer does not like. To reset settings, go to Documents/Penumbra/Black Plague/ and delete settings.cfg in the correct episode folder.

Exception Reason
penumbra.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module penumbra.exe at 001B:00535C4F"

I don't understand what the problem is though. The demo ran just fine, and I can run Amnesia (which i'm pretty certain needed better graphics than penumbra did) just fine, so why won't Black Plague work?

Any and all help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
10-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: black plague keeps crashing?

Have you tried doing any of the things listed?
10-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Do a file integrity check on the game in Steam, sounds as if you might by missing some files.
10-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Website Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

Sounds like a pirated copy to me but I could be wrong.

10-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Nope, seems like he has it from Steam in OP. Could be missing files, or this Steam thing could be a lie (don't hit me for that, I've seen that kind of thing happen before.)

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Website Find
torbiditree Offline

Threads: 1

(10-02-2012, 07:16 AM)jens Wrote: Do a file integrity check on the game in Steam, sounds as if you might by missing some files.
I did a file integrity check and it seems to have worked. Thanks! c:
10-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Seems like Steam does not always download properly. Glad it worked.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Website Find