Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.71 Average
Work in progress Slender: Curse of Hope [Slenderman Gameplay Video out!]
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: Slender: Curse of Hope

(01-17-2013, 08:35 PM)Curse of Hope Wrote: Weird, I experienced that bug before myself in development, but it was caused by some files that are not even included in the download. will have to know some more info if I am to get it fixed

EDIT: actually theres one thing that I think might be the cause, if you are working on a cs or mod with custom content you will likely have some custom assets stored in one of the main amnesia folders (static_objects,entities,billboards ,..) since otherwise the leveleditor would not be able to spot it, if you do have such content stored it might be the cause,meaning that moving it out of the amnesia folder temp. might fix it, though the chance of it being the cause is still pretty small it is all I can think of right now

Why do that? Just include the custom assets directory in the resources.cfg.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Find
Curse of Hope Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Slender: Curse of Hope

(03-03-2013, 12:37 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote:
(01-17-2013, 08:35 PM)Curse of Hope Wrote: Weird, I experienced that bug before myself in development, but it was caused by some files that are not even included in the download. will have to know some more info if I am to get it fixed

EDIT: actually theres one thing that I think might be the cause, if you are working on a cs or mod with custom content you will likely have some custom assets stored in one of the main amnesia folders (static_objects,entities,billboards ,..) since otherwise the leveleditor would not be able to spot it, if you do have such content stored it might be the cause,meaning that moving it out of the amnesia folder temp. might fix it, though the chance of it being the cause is still pretty small it is all I can think of right now

Why do that? Just include the custom assets directory in the resources.cfg.
Yes we are using the resources.cfg to point the custom assets directories already in the demo download. However when making the mod you will need to have folders all over your amnesia directory, or the files wont show up in the level editor. if you try to open one of the maps in the download you get bugs mate, but they still work in-game because of resources.cfg

-Martinnord

Work In Progress - Slender: Curse of Hope
03-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Slender: Curse of Hope [SHORT DEMO RELEASED]

Why did you make it as a full conversion? That's maybe the cause of the issue.

OFF-TOPIC: Can i use your cabin in the story? Don't worry, i'll put your name in the credits.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
03-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Find
jiersk Offline

Threads: 12

I have played it and liked it. But there is one thing:
The flashlight works on oil and makes the lantern sounds. It would be more realistic if it used batteries and made flashlight sounds.

Life is a joke made by someone with a bad sense of humor.
03-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

(03-04-2013, 04:32 PM)jiersk Wrote: I have played it and liked it. But there is one thing:
The flashlight works on oil and makes the lantern sounds. It would be more realistic if it used batteries and made flashlight sounds.

Well, you have to remember this is a demo and he is probably going to change the sound of the lantern (flashlight) and get around were you use batteries instead of oil.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2013, 04:36 PM by Brosive.)
03-04-2013, 04:36 PM
Find
Curse of Hope Offline

RE: Slender: Curse of Hope [Screenshots Added!]

BUMP BUMP BUMP!
heres some screenshots
Spoiler below!

[Image: JRBaOBS.jpg]

[Image: wBzETdQ.jpg]

[Image: 3x3El13.jpg]

A link pointing to an album with these screenshots can be found on the first post/main post, as well as another link which will allow you to see some screenshots of wip content for the mod.

Sorry im posting this so late, should have done this long ago >.<

03-18-2013, 11:12 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Your photo of Slender Man in the demo flickers a bit if the Player is at a specific distance.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
03-19-2013, 05:59 AM
Find
Curse of Hope Offline

(03-19-2013, 05:59 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Your photo of Slender Man in the demo flickers a bit if the Player is at a specific distance.
Its because we made it as a decal, and decals apparantly hate custom assets(the wall its placed on), this resulted in the effect you mentioned, but it also made it a hell to place it without it being a mess so I can promise that we wont be doing stuff with buggy decals again unless we really have to. before the release I will make sure to turn it into a less buggy type of decal called a static decal. But thanks for taking some of your valuable time to give us the feedback anyway :D

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2013, 04:27 PM by Curse of Hope.)
03-19-2013, 04:26 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(03-19-2013, 04:26 PM)Curse of Hope Wrote:
(03-19-2013, 05:59 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Your photo of Slender Man in the demo flickers a bit if the Player is at a specific distance.
Its because we made it as a decal, and decals apparantly hate custom assets(the wall its placed on), this resulted in the effect you mentioned, but it also made it a hell to place it without it being a mess so I can promise that we wont be doing stuff with buggy decals again unless we really have to. before the release I will make sure to turn it into a less buggy type of decal called a static decal. But thanks for taking some of your valuable time to give us the feedback anyway Big Grin

Actually, just change the position.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
03-20-2013, 07:32 AM
Find
Knusper. Offline

Threads: 7

I have a problem now.
after i installed the mod and played it, i want to deinstall the mod.
I dont want to use blocks in my css, that no one can play it.
now the game crashes when i load any map.

(I hope you understand what I mean...)

anyway, is there a way to deinstall the mod???

No one knows, how "I" goes.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2013, 02:04 PM by Knusper..)
03-20-2013, 01:59 PM
Find